GDT: GAME 50 | Mighty Ducks @ Senators | Let's Go Streaking Edition | Thursday February 15th, 7PM | TSN5, RDS2

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
:ducks2vs:sens

Let's go for five in a row
nintendolightgun.png

d859983a0f04d1106ad56afbd3cbb685_w200.gif

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
f***. Em. Up.

Hopefully Zub and Sanderson are good to go. They are unquestionably the biggest stabilizing presence on this roster

Reactions: Back in Black

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
It’s insane how the sens are 8-2-2 and haven’t moved a smidge up the standings and still sit at the bottom. This league is tough

Reactions: maclean

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Last year, we hit .500 on our 49th game of the season.

If we win our next 3 (two of which are very winnable) games, we'll be back at .500 on game 52.

Not that far behind.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It’s insane how the sens are 8-2-2 and haven’t moved a smidge up the standings and still sit at the bottom. This league is tough
Keep in mind we also keep falling behind in games played. But yeah, the teams ahead of us aren't losing ground either. Parity, baby!

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
We need to go about 23-10 over our next 33 games to make the playoffs. (92 points)

It means we'll have to play at roughly the same winning percentage as a top 3 team in the leage to close out the rest of the season. So like Dallas or Boston good.

So we can only drop 10 more games.

Tall order, but I'm in. Go Sens Go!

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Sure... if you wanna talk negatives...

the 8-2-2 run has only moved them 1 position up the EC standings and 2 positions up the league standings - and they are only 5 points closer to the second wildcard spot but now have 3 less games in hand.

If you are an optimist though...

8-2-2 since Jan 12 is a 0.667 win%... which just happens to be the St. Louis Blues win percentage after Jan 2, 2019.

Maintaining that until the end of the year (22-8-3) would give them 93 points, which was good enough for wc1 last season.

So it doesn't matter what happened before now. Game vs Ducks needs to be win 1 of 22 and they give themself a chance :)

Go Sens!

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Just get back to .500 and go from there.

Incredible how different of a team they look under JM & Alfie.
The team looked awfully different during stretches during DJ's tenure as well. I think it's different this time around with JM, but I can't help but worry that this is just another one of those stretches that we've witnessed the last two seasons.

Reactions: Cosmix and swiftwin

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The team looked awfully different during stretches during DJ's tenure as well. I think it's different this time around with JM, but I can't help but worry that this is just another one of those stretches that we've witnessed the last two seasons.
I am fully convinced that we are seeing a seismic shift for this team with how it plays, unlike any of the runs under DJ, but we will see.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I am fully convinced that we are seeing a seismic shift for this team with how it plays, unlike any of the runs under DJ, but we will see.

It's how I feel as well. It's pretty clear they are more committed to defense and have vastly improved their breakouts and neutral zone D. BUt what if the players just tune this out?

Who knows. I think they're learning how to win games and give yourself a chance every night so I'm going to choose to be optimistic.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
You could totally be right, and I certainly hope you are. I'm forced to be cautious due to the last two seasons.
That's fair.

You know, I probably would too, but JM and Alfie have my confidence and they'll have to prove me wrong to lose it. DJ never had mine in the first place, certainly nowhere near the level they command, and never changed my mind otherwise in his time here. That doesn't mean I'm going to kick and scream and call him a bozo either though.

I also just feel like I'm watching a completely different team out there, both as a group and individually. The 4th line, the goaltending, the support for each other in general. And many of the players have spoken about it pretty openly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad