GDT: [Game #50] Dallas Stars vs. Carolina Hurricanes - 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #50 – 1/25/2023 – 7:30 PM CT – BSSW
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Carolina Hurricanes
28-13-8, 64 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 29-9-8, 66 pts

1em5YM3.png

QczP6Vh.jpg
ru38K4F.jpg

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

:canes

Teravainen - Aho - Jarvis
Svechnikov - Stastny - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Fast
Stepan - Kotkaniemi - Noesen

Skjei - Pesce
Chatfield - Burns
De Haan - Coghlan

Anderson

fMRTnDk.png

Last edited:
Reactions: LT and Kipper 17

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Re:

That second chart showing targets is really fascinating to me, because I would expect Lundkvist to get heavily targeted on entries, but that chart makes it look like teams are actively avoiding him.

Given that's probably not the case, perhaps the forwards are given special instructions to funnel the offense away from his side when he's on the ice, which could also explain why he's being scratched. It's easier to approach a game with a group of 6 defensemen for whom you don't feel like you have to make this concession.

It may also explain Suter's targets in part. Whenever they are partnered, any effort to direct the puck away from Lundkvists side also directs it to Suter's.

Not trying to defend Suter or anything, but I just think there's quite a bit more to these charts than appears on the surface.

Reactions: LT

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
No lundkvist seems ridiculous. He has not been our worst defenseman and he’s not going to magically improve on the bench sitting there for over a week

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
No lundkvist seems ridiculous. He has not been our worst defenseman and he’s not going to magically improve on the bench sitting there for over a week

I hope he asks for a trade like he did in NY. Mind boggling you trade a 1st round pick for a developing early 20's kid and then sit him this many games in a row. 1-2 games.. sure. But there is zero reason for Hanley to be playing this many games, there is no difference on the ice between the two.

Reactions: Hull Fan

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Nice view from behind the Canes net of Gurianov just standing around while Marchment and Hintz are flying up ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad