GDT: Game 50: Columbus vs. St. Louis | 2/6 7PM EST

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2m2 minutes ago

#CBJ lost D Ryan Murray and D James Wisniewski tonight. They'll be evaluated on Saturday, but will NOT travel with club to Ottawa. #Sens

Wiz was on the ice when the game ended but he got up slowly. I was wondering what happened to him. Must have just happened in the final seconds.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I just got home from the game. Not too many bad Points to dwell on about. Not sure how it looked on tv but in person the Jackets looked like a good team. Lopsided penalties, McBackup still gives up a lot of juicy rebounds, and murray taken a hard slapper to the leg (?) Is about it. Even Boll got a point.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Costanza: if everything we've done is wrong, the opposite must be right!

So next year, to start the season, they should tell the team to tank right from the first game. Our goal is to get off to a rotten start. This team makes no sense. And for one night, I'm happy about that.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Injuries during a blowout win? Of course. What else would happen this season?

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Ha... Thats exactly my worries - he has not done us good in fights in awhile now.. Pretty much only good for draws - not winning them very often.

He's 5-1-3 this season and the 5 wins were pretty convincing. It's amazing you guys can turn that entertaining of a game into a Boll bashing still. Sad.:shakehead:shakehead

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Hopefully the team will not allow this game to divert them from Saving Private McDavid. ;-)

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Well, I didn't expect that last night, but I enjoyed it. CMac could have had a shut-out had he not got caught so far out of the net on the first shot. But he is who he is. Not trying to be overly critical because he had a great game, just a shame.

As I predicted, Blues did not play a good game at all, and the CBJ did. Dominated everything. Elliot fought the puck the entire time he was in there and Allen wasn't much better.

When the Jackets play a game like they did last night, it just makes me wonder where the hell have those type efforts been the rest of the season.

Murray and Wiz hurt? The beat goes on.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
He's 5-1-3 this season and the 5 wins were pretty convincing. It's amazing you guys can turn that entertaining of a game into a Boll bashing still. Sad.:shakehead:shakehead

Last night he was a complete non factor and the team won 7-1. When this team plays well like it should be capable of doing, Boll has no place on the roster. Even Calvert showed last night why a goon is not needed anymore.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
lol @ this team's luck. I can actually believe both Murray and Wiz both got injured in the same game.
Oh well, I guess. At least Leopold, Prout and and Golobef have looked decent lately whenever they've been in.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
This didn't look anything like the team that got it handed to them by the Coyotes. As for the Murray injury. Johansen fell on his leg and Murray's leg rolled up in not a good way. Felt like I was watching a football game. Hope he's alright.

As for Wennberg, every time I watch this kid I see a very special player. I know he's not scoring right now but that will come. His hockey IQ is through the roof. He just has a natural feel for the game. No way do I trade him.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
As for Wennberg, every time I watch this kid I see a very special player. I know he's not scoring right now but that will come. His hockey IQ is through the roof. He just has a natural feel for the game. No way do I trade him.

The passing ability I see out of Wennberg at this point is quite phenomenal. Getting him with the right linemates next year and he can keep developing into a special playmaker. He may not score 20 goals a year but he's certainly capable on putting up 40-50 assists with people who can finish. Those were the types of numbers Scott Gomez was putting up during the Devils cup years in the early 2000's. If Wennberg can develop the scoring touch, then he might turn into something along the lines of Patrick Elias.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
The passing ability I see out of Wennberg at this point is quite phenomenal. Getting him with the right linemates next year and he can keep developing into a special playmaker. He may not score 20 goals a year but he's certainly capable on putting up 40-50 assists with people who can finish. Those were the types of numbers Scott Gomez was putting up during the Devils cup years in the early 2000's. If Wennberg can develop the scoring touch, then he might turn into something along the lines of Patrick Elias.

I can see that. Right now he has no real finishers on his line. If he had Foligno on his line he would have a lot more points. If Bjorkstrand and Milano develop like they have with Wennberg in the middle that will be one potent line.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I can see that. Right now he has no real finishers on his line. If he had Foligno on his line he would have a lot more points. If Bjorkstrand and Milano develop like they have with Wennberg in the middle that will be one potent line.

He would, but just how much is debatable. Wennberg has played with most of our forwards at some point or another and hasn't produced much with anyone. It was actually Sean Collins on his wing last month when Wennberg picked it up a notch.

I'm still definitely in favor of sending him down. Wennberg's all-around game is getting better and better, but he needs to get a scoring touch.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He would, but just how much is debatable. Wennberg has played with most of our forwards at some point or another and hasn't produced much with anyone. It was actually Sean Collins on his wing last month when Wennberg picked it up a notch.

I'm still definitely in favor of sending him down. Wennberg's all-around game is getting better and better, but he needs to get a scoring touch.

He definitely needs to work on his defense but he seems to be doing that now. I've even seen Richards give him PK time recently. As far as offense goes, I think he just needs to shoot more. He's on pace for under 80 shots on goal for the season. its hard to say what they are having him focus on but based on what I see, I'd bet its defense and playmaking over shooting the puck at this point.

I'm sort of on the fence now of sending him down, I was all for it early on but now he's starting to look like he belongs and he still has plenty of time to develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad