GDT: Game 5 WCF | 9pm | SN/TVA: Karma is going to crash Vegas Wedding Party, No Matter What Refs say

Status
Not open for further replies.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
It should be self-explanatory, but whatever

Expecting some bogus and superstitious overlap between two team trends in two completely different matchups is the very antithesis of a rational expectation.

You were probably just jesting, still...

Of course it was a joke, hence the smiley... I think everybody here understands the difference between correlation and causality as well as what a sample size is...

Why so serious ? ;)

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Habs may have played their most impressive game of the playoffs the other night in Game 4 despite the loss. They didn't give Vegas any time/space, out-chanced them throughout the game (especially first two periods) and won most of the 50-50 battles against a team that prides itself on winning these. Habs looked so damn confident.

It will be interesting to see in the coming days if this continues and whether it's a Luke Richardson affect. I know Game 3 was a stinker but I think the team was shellshocked after the Ducharme news. I couldn't focus on anything else that evening leading up to the game after learning the news so I can't imagine what it was like for Habs players.

Reactions: Tuggy

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I know it won't happen but I'm curious the impact rested players like Tatar and Drouin would have on the game as both team will be tired and slower, getting in game 7. Would they be faster, would they be rusted, would they be out of timing? I will never know because they both will not play unless an injury happen. Drouin can't play for unknowed reason but Tatar is a top 6 player healthy scratch.

Reactions: angusyoung

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I assume we see Lehner again tonight?

Was watching TSN last night and some of them thought they might go back to Fleury.

I thought Lehner would play for sure tonight, but they had me second guessing :laugh:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Are you sure about that? Have you seen the outrage just in this thread aimed at that poster who mentioned the "S" word?

I believe / hope the posters mean it as a joke. Else, well...

Regarding superstition, it is actually a useful protection mechanism : basically you want to make sure you did everything right, so that you can't blame it on yourself if something bad happens ;)

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I know it won't happen but I'm curious the impact rested players like Tatar and Drouin would have on the game as both team will be tired and slower, getting in game 7. Would they be faster, would they be rusted, would they be out of timing? I will never know because they both will not play unless an injury happen. Drouin can't play for unknowed reason but Tatar is a top 6 player healthy scratch.

Drouin would be so disoriented. As much I'd like to see him back. He's better not coming back in an important game.

Tatar can probably come back, I believe he checked out in the Toronto's series and the team decided to get him out. For the team spirit. No need of him.

excluding that. Tatar would've been the best suitable player to get in

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Would love a blowout. We rarely ever get them. Would love to enjoy a playoff win without biting my nails until the very end.
I have a mixed feeling of anxiety-ecstatic when the game is tight in score. Each shot on Price, each breakaway from our Habs player, I'm getting nuts, I can only relax when the game is over. Sometimes I do something else and I come back once in a while to see the score. Usually it works, Habs win when I don't watch the game in PO.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Tonight won't be more depressing than the stock/crypto market... right?

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006

Drouin hasn't been practicing with the team for months now so he's not even an option. Tatar can be plugged in any game but I think Evans in next on deck.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

Was watching TSN last night and some of them thought they might go back to Fleury.

I thought Lehner would play for sure tonight, but they had me second guessing :laugh:

Cant see why they would put Fleury in .......Lehner was really good last game, if it was'nt for him we would have win that game easely, Price stole game 3 and Lehner stole game 4

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Drouin hasn't been practicing with the team for months now so he's not even an option. Tatar can be plugged in any game but I think Evans in next on deck.

Yeah, short of a couple of injuries, I doubt Tatar draws in again. Sucks in that he's been so good for three years but it never seems to workout during the playoffs. I wonder how it's going to affect his contract talks. It's two runs that he's been iced out of a team making a deep run.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

They said that also on SN Hockey Central. As dumb as I thought pulling MAF for Lehner was for game 4, it'd be more stupid now switching back.

But I'm not an NHL coach... I just pretend to be one on the internet.

Reactions: Rapala and Tuggy

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yeah, short of a couple of injuries, I doubt Tatar draws in again. Sucks in that he's been so good for three years but it never seems to workout during the playoffs. I wonder how it's going to affect his contract talks. It's two runs that he's been iced out of a team making a deep run.

I don't see Tatar landing a big contract with a flat cap over the next few years. One saving grace for him is the expansion team will open up some spots on rosters. Maybe Seattle will go after him as someone who can reliably produce points over the course of a "regular" season.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Bettman to the guy in charge of referee assignation before round 3

''Dont care what you do.... just make sure Charron is in game 1 and 2 Lee game 3 and 4 Furlatt game 5 ...god forbid this series goes further make sure to have both Furlatt-Lee for game 6 and 7......we got this''

:laugh::laugh:

Reactions: MON4NHLTOR4MLB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad