Pre-Game Talk: Game 5 vs Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
In the immortal words of Mortal Kombat: "Finish him!"

Don't give them any life. Just end it tomorrow night and enjoy the rest while Montreal and Boston kill each other.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I would be utterly shocked if the Pens have a killer mentality. That would honestly blow my mind and turn me into a believer that we can actually pull this thing off. A killer instinct would be ****ing beautiful.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Win this one and rest up and hope the Bruins/Habs series goes 7 games and they beat the living **** out of each other.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
A killer instinct would be something. I'm kind of expecting them to come out flat and bumble around either winning or losing in a deflating fashion.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I would be utterly shocked if the Pens have a killer mentality. That would honestly blow my mind and turn me into a believer that we can actually pull this thing off. A killer instinct would be ****ing beautiful.

We had a killer instinct against Ottawa in game 5 last year. So I don't see it as being too farfetched.

We look better than we did last year as well.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I might start taking a count of hateful Jokinen posts. How dare he be our leading scorer...he's NOT a puck retriever.

Just so much happier knowing I'll miss about 75% of them, lol.

In all seriousness though, I would really really REALLY love a big game from Sid. A game that can propel him into the next round. He has yet to hit those upper gears. Can't wait until he does.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Hopefully we put them out of their misery tonight.

With that said, I could see us going into this game being way too cocky and not giving a **** and therefore the Rags end up beating us to make it (somewhat of) a series.

:dunno:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Well, the Pens have been doing a lot of shocking things lately, so there's . . . wait for it . . . hope (?) :laugh:

Crozbar

Feb 7, 2010
Edmonton
Let's Go Pens... Got assume the Rangers come out flying, all indications to the contrary a aside. Put them away in any case with authority.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

What would you identify as a killer mentality? Early goal? Penalty free hockey?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I like the *put them out of their misery* way of thinking. The Rangers just have looked like they want this over with.

It would take such a bad outing at this point to let them have life. Not impossible.

267396529_640.jpg

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012

It would be nice, but my bigger fear is that they forget everything after a week of sitting around, eating pizza, drinking beer, posting drunk selfies, getting hookers... that's what they do on their time off, right?

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Send 'em packing.

Stupid Selfish Kunitz Penalty within the first two minutes leading to a Gibbons SHG. Nash looks like he'd rather be anywhere else, and the rest of the NYR (except Zucchini) fold.

psu711

Jan 29, 2007
Allentown
Tonight will tell a lot, if we have that "put our foot on their throat" mentality, we may have something with this team.

If we seem uninspired... meh, more of the same.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Tonight will tell a lot, if we have that "put our foot on their throat" mentality, we may have something with this team.

If we seem uninspired... meh, more of the same.

I agree. Big gut check tonight on this team as we get to see if they are the "real deal" (hint, hint... score James Neal), or not.

Does anyone have total trust in MAF or are they just waiting for the card house to fall again like me? I want to trust PIT goaltending, but history has taught me not to. I fear our core players have the same fears. This is why scoring the 1st goal is so important.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
What would you identify as a killer mentality? Early goal? Penalty free hockey?

It's the same in every sport. Coming out like you want it more and not giving your opponent a chance to stay in the game. Come out aggressive on the forecheck and control the play, play strong defense, you name it. If the Pens can come out with that energy level, that will be a big sign for this team going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad