GDT: Game #5 | Philadelphia Flyers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Caught half the 2nd, and about half the 3rd...have I just caught the parts where we look particularly mediocre or has philly been that bad?

Wings definitely looked better in the latter period. I don't know if the Flyers got tired because of the second half of a back to back, if they just got down because of the way their season and their game was going, but they didn't look at jumpy. They weren't on us as hard as they were in the first half of the game.

Also, that slash at the end. Hahaha, who does that? Perfectly clean hit.

RedWingsNow*

Big surprise.
Get the fourth liner off the first line. First line looks good.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Big surprise.
Get the fourth liner off the first line. First line looks good.

You were right. Bert was effective. I know last time my posts were directed at you in an angry manner related to Bert/ Boston.

My bad for my earlier post as well (Jman).

I still hate parts of the lineup. :(

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Does Smith get back on the ice next game?

If Tootoo is hurt, will Tatar play? Or Sammy back in over Tomas?

I'm thinking Lashoff and Sammy. Hopefully I'm wrong.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Bertuzzi looked good on the top line. Hope he stays there.
Alfredsson still a little off, but he does make some sweet passes at the right time (primary assist on 2 goals tonight - and they were good).
D+Z - Great job boys, pad those stats. Mwahahahaha, more days like this, and we retire your numbers in 5-10 years (mwhahaha Datsyuk plays to 45 ;P)

Weiss/Franzen still don't look great yet (no offence), but their defense has been ok.

Cleary... i dont care how you played... darn your assist!

RedWingsNow*

You were right. Bert was effective. I know last time my posts were directed at you in an angry manner related to Bert/ Boston.

My bad for my earlier post as well (Jman).

I still hate parts of the lineup. :(

Our 2nd and 3rd lines aren't good. And we don't use our 4th line.

Basically, we were first line and first PP unit tonight.
You can beat a mediocre team like this. But really -- Emery and that D were soft.

Flyers D should be OK when healthy. But this team has needed a goalie -- even going back to the Hextall days -- most people viewed Hextall as a weak link

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Wow, hard to fathom that Gator had only about a minute plus less TOI than Dats and Z. Good news was that Daniel had less than 14 minutes. Still too much. Tootoo had less than 4 minutes :(

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Holland probaly smiling when Tootoo goes out hurt. Buys him some more time to fix his screw up with the roster.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Wow, hard to fathom that Gator had only about a minute plus less TOI than Dats and Z. Good news was that Daniel had less than 14 minutes. Still too much. Tootoo had less than 4 minutes :(

The Wings didn't ice a fourth line for most of the night - those extra minutes had to go somewhere.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
The Wings didn't ice a fourth line for most of the night - those extra minutes had to go somewhere.

What does that say about the coach? Load up on the 1st line and not play the 4th line. Sit a top 6 talent. Allow another top 6 talent to languish in GR. Wings need BALANCE. 4 lines. This may work against the dregs but it won't against top-tier teams.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
What does that say about the coach? Load up on the 1st line and not play the 4th line. Sit a top 6 talent. Allow another top 6 talent to languish in GR. Wings need BALANCE. 4 lines. This may work against the dregs but it won't against top-tier teams.

The Flyers didn't play their 4th line either, Babcock matches what the other team does at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad