Pre-Game Talk: Game 5: Pens vs. Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If Bylsma hasn't learned his lesson by now, I doubt he ever will. He's shown absolutely zero growth as a coach since the time he first landed the job until now.

I mean, maybe getting fired might be the thing that flips the switch in his head. But he just seems like the type who is convinced his way is perfect and that outside factors conspire to keep his way from succeeding.

Agreed, if he hasn't learned by now I doubt he ever will. He's stubborn as anything with a hell of a lot of self confidence, he'll absolve himself of any blame. It also assumes that he has the skills to improve, he might just lack the ability to do so.

What's the alternative? You do realize that Crosby's impossible passes are one of the few reasons our PP has had a respectable percentage all year, right? We live and die with Sid and Geno making nearly impossible plays. It's not making excuses for them, it's being realistic about the way this team is built and run.

Yeah, the frustrating, high risk plays are the plan.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
What's the alternative? You do realize that Crosby's impossible passes are one of the few reasons our PP has had a respectable percentage all year, right? We live and die with Sid and Geno making nearly impossible plays. It's not making excuses for them, it's being realistic about the way this team is built and run.

He can pass the puck down low, pass the puck to the point, shoot the puck himself and crash the net, pretty much anything besides passing the puck to CBJ players.

CBJ are just daring Sid to make that pass and he keeps on doing it, everybody at the game and watching on the TV can see whats going to happen when he tries to make that pass.

strandvag

Feb 14, 2014
Stockholm/San Diego
Just saw the interview when Fleury got interviewed about his play when he left the net the crease. He got some hard questions no doubt. But he can't seem to handle pressured situations at all. Sorry if this has been brought up already. He looked so scared and nervous during the interview.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
He can pass the puck down low, pass the puck to the point, shoot the puck himself and crash the net, pretty much anything besides passing the puck to CBJ players.

CBJ are just daring Sid to make that pass and he keeps on doing it, everybody at the game and watching on the TV can see whats going to happen when he tries to make that pass.

So the alternative is to pass the puck around the perimeter for 2 minutes? Then what? Hope we get a lucky deflection off a Niskanen slapper? At some point you have to make the PK/goalie move. Passing through the box is one way. Another is to have constant motion on the PP to give our puck distributors changing options. We don't do any of that though. We stand still and play catch and hope Sid can connect on an impossible pass or Geno can dance his way through 3 guys. I'm not saying Sid or Geno haven't made some ill-advised plays, I just think they're kind of forced to a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad