Pre-Game Talk: Game 5: Pens vs. Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
can't wait to see how we give up the game with 24 seconds to go tomorrow night!

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
From practice

Kunitz-Crosby-Stempniak,
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal,
Bennett-Sutter-Vitale,
Glass-Goc-Adams

Orpik-Martin,
Scuderi-Niskanen,
Letang-Maatta,
Bortuzzo-Engelland

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
This is where we turn things around and start owning this series. MAF, while absolutely the goat in game four is gonna toss a shutout. Sid and Geno both get two.

Go Pens!

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yep, Megna is the problem not Gladams. Is it sad thst i think our third line is our best line? jeez. Get some guys that play with energy. Get Z into the lineup, get Sill into the lineup.. Imagine a 4th line with Vitale and Sill? Man that'd be awesome.

I'll be there tomorrow.. Bring back the goldout! It's our only hope. Along with an obvious goalie change that isn't happening.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
can i say how embarrassing it should be for glass that adams has managed to be the best half of gladams so far

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
On NHL Network, Jamal Mayers just correctly called out Sid and Geno for playing from the perimeter all the time when they do most of their damage when they get inside, among a few other bits. Basically saying Flower isn't getting the help from his team that he should be getting. Columbus was prepared for a dog fight and the Pens haven't shown up.

Things we've been saying, but nothing has changed.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
On NHL Network, Jamal Mayers just correctly called out Sid and Geno for playing from the perimeter all the time when they do most of their damage when they get inside, among a few other bits. Basically saying Flower isn't getting the help from his team that he should be getting. Columbus was prepared for a dog fight and the Pens haven't shown up.

Things we've been saying, but nothing has changed.

Marty Biron also called Sid out I think yesterday or the day before saying how he's emotionless and his game requires that fire. Without that fire, he's going to be ineffective and he wants to see Sid show that emotion to get not only him going but also the team.

Mr Wu

Nov 29, 2007
Deadwood
Looks like Disco is sticking with the same 6 defensemen that have looked terrible for 4 straight games. They will get to their game this time! :help:

We have perfectly good D sitting out, and turds in the lineup.

If it were me:
Martin-Niskanen
Despres-Letang
Maatta-Bortuzzo

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Yep probably win this one like the isles series last year... maybe even get past a rangers team we play ok against... that would just be peachy, because we are do for a lucky series win vs a substancially better team in the playoffs... cant just keep getting upset without having some puck luck wins eventually right? RIGHT?

Fire Shero*

Is it just me or has this series been incredibly boring? Is this the most boring series you've seen a long time?

I'm watching the flyers rags game and it's playoff hockey. Intense, physical, fast paced, everything a playoff game should be. These teams aren't sitting around with their thumbs up their butts.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
What's going on with Vokoun? Is he anywhere near returning?

He's fine. He's been cleared to play, had his conditioning stint with WBS, and now he's back with the team. Bylsma doesn't have him practicing regularly though, and Zatkoff is the backup for better or worse unless something catastrophic happens.

SaintRon

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
If I'm Sid or Geno (hell the entire team for that matter), I'd say **** the so called fans, the league, the critics, the coaches, the system, the BJ's, the whole schmere. It's us against the world. We play for us. We play knowing we have the talent and at one time, more importantly, the DESIRE to be the best. The only details that matter ARE the ones on the ice. Look within instead of around. Do your job instead of worrying about others or answering questions about others. It's definitely a negative and so, so unproductive. Drama sells papers and gets ratings but doesn't lead to W's. It's been going on for years and I'm tired of it. I don't care who is at fault, it doesn't matter. What matters is what are the guys on the ice and sitting on the bench going to do about it. Stop Bill Cowhering and start Badger Bob Johnsoning. Win the game, then win the series, then tell the media, the fair weathers, the insiders, the doubters who will want to sing your praises to go **** themselves. They don't win games, WE do.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
If I'm Sid or Geno (hell the entire team for that matter), I'd say **** the so called fans, the league, the critics, the coaches, the system, the BJ's, the whole schmere. It's us against the world. We play for us. We play knowing we have the talent and at one time, more importantly, the DESIRE to be the best. The only details that matter ARE the ones on the ice. Look within instead of around. Do your job instead of worrying about others or answering questions about others. It's definitely a negative and so, so unproductive. Drama sells papers and gets ratings but doesn't lead to W's. It's been going on for years and I'm tired of it. I don't care who is at fault, it doesn't matter. What matters is what are the guys on the ice and sitting on the bench going to do about it. Stop Bill Cowhering and start Badger Bob Johnsoning. Win the game, then win the series, then tell the media, the fair weathers, the insiders, the doubters who will want to sing your praises to go **** themselves. They don't win games, WE do.

Flip the switch...let's find the switch first

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Do we literally TRY to penalize the players we acquire? It doesn't make much sense to acquire a player and use him so wisely ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad