GDT: Game #5 Pens vs Flyers. Time for a new look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He slid over on his stomach for some reason on the Umberger goal. Went down way too low on the Bellemore goal. He spent half the game rolling around his back and his stick handling is comical. I just don't understand where this guys head is at right now.

Really? It's up his ass and in ruins.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The overreaction is embarrassing. :biglaugh: This team needs a good 40-60 games before we can really judge the style. They are still learning it.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
This does look dishearteningly similar so far

Same disheartening group. Their level if intensity is almost directly related to the importance of a game. It's so hard to get excited anymore. You can actually FEEL when they give up and they may be the most easily deflated team in the NHL.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I have been in hate MAF camp allways, but this has nothing to do with him. They have a lot of work to do. What I see is the team just has no idea what to do

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
He's not blamed for every goal, but he needs to come up wih at least one save and keep us in these games. Combined with his awful puck handling that kills possession for us, it adds up to a mediocre performance when you need a good one.

Is 27 saves at least one?

penguins2946*

He slid over on his stomach for some reason on the Umberger goal. Went down way too low on the Bellemore goal. He spent half the game rolling around his back and his stick handling is comical. I just don't understand where this guys head is at right now.

Watch this goal from 2012:

I don't see how Fleury has changed from that in the last 2+ years. He still sucks just as much as he used to.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Malkin with his 2nd shift at center at the 14:00 mark of period three.

Don't know how Johnston could have brought himself to break up the Sutter-Malkin combo.

One more thing: For as much as everyone has celebrated Kunitz-Sid-Horny, they are paid to SCORE ES GOALS, something they haven't done with a goalie in net since Toronto.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
The overreaction is embarrassing. :biglaugh: This team needs a good 40-60 games before we can really judge the style. They are still learning it.

Yeah but don't forget nobody here cares just one bit about the regular season, it's all about the playoffs. Oh, and everybody is fully aware that a new coach and system means growing pains.

darkbrew*

Everyone looks bad tonight, but am i the only one noticing that Ehroff has been AWFUL? This guy looks like hes still playing on buffalo. Hes so underwhelming.

We basically have 5 of the exact same dman - weak ass smooth skating pansy type guys who disappear when they give up a bad goal.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
He's not blamed for every goal, but he needs to come up wih at least one save and keep us in these games. Combined with his awful puck handling that kills possession for us, it adds up to a mediocre performance when you need a good one.

Do the 17 saves he made in the 2nd period not count as saves?

I agree he's looked off tonight, but Jesus. The other team makes a nice play that results in a goal or our defence hangs him out to dry, and it's still his fault or "well, he just can't make the save when he we need him to" apparently, the 15,16th,17th shot against weren't important shots to save, but that 18th shot? that was the save we needed him to make (numbers here just hypothetical)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad