GDT: Game #5 Pens vs Flyers. Time for a new look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Johnston calls timeout, and then sends out Kunitz-Sutter-Malkin. :help:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Malkin has the puck behind the net, and NOBODY goes to the net. It's a joke. Kunitz and Sutter are . . . I don't even know anymore. :shakehead

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
The third goal was on Letang. All he had to do was chip the puck over the blue line, but didn't. He sealed it against the boards, turned it over, and goal scored.

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
The whole team is a mess lol. Can't handle passes, can't keep the puck, constantly in their end... On top of it they have been off for more than two days and idk what it is, but they struggle with games when they are off too long. Maybe practices are too easy idk but it was a problem last year, and it seems like it might be a problem again this year.

I also wonder if the team really can handle other teams responding. Dallas decided they wanted to win, Philadelphia obviously wants to win after last night. We can't keep letting other teams *decide* they want to win.

It is certainly still early, but I really hope this kind of stuff gets addressed soon.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I'm convinced this core group is mentally weak.
Malkin, Sid, Letang, Fleury, Kunitz.

Team would be much better off moving away from 2 or 3 or these guys.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
One team came to play and the other didn't. They're losing so many 5/2 or 5/3 battles in outr own zone along the boards...it's pathetic.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Lol @ people expecting Fleury to make those saves. He's out there by himself on those turnover and rushes. These are the same Pens from last year playing sloppy as **** hockey against a terrible Flyers team.

Also, Read elevated that puck over MAF, take notes Geno.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Emery making game changing saves on one end and Fleury simply can't make the save to keep us in it on our end...sucks.

This game isn't on Flower, guys. C'mon! Our defense has beed putrid. Two tipped pucks and two guys wide open backdoor. It'd be nice if he came up with a big save on one of them, but the defense left him out to dry.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
He's not blamed for every goal, but he needs to come up wih at least one save and keep us in these games. Combined with his awful puck handling that kills possession for us, it adds up to a mediocre performance when you need a good one.

His poke check on the 4th goal was just ugly. That is the only criticism of him from me on any of the goals tonight. Also, he has looked shaky and sucks at playing the puck. I know he will lose us games this year but this is not an example of that. The defense has been horrible all night so I just can't get over people blaming the first 2 goals on him even though they were both perfect deflections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad