GDT: GAME 5: Jan. 28th | Avs @ Oilers | SNET-W | 7:30 MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Both these teams coming off of losses with identical records going into tonights game. Its a huge game for both teams.
Oilers need to limit penalties and play a much better even strength game

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
Minnesota and St.Louis played last night. :p:

This is a game that the Oilers "should" win if they play to their capability but who knows with this group.
Should be another rollercoaster. WEEEEEEE!!!!

St Louis is young, but they're a team in their prime ready to win a cup. Minni isn't very young.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
No first period penalties
Score the first goal
Score 5on5

Interested to see if Fistric dressed again. Also I want to see 91-10-56 as our third line, 94 has looked really slow and out of sorts on that 3rd line, play him with 20 and 37 with 4th line minutes.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
After tonight, already more than 10% of the season will be gone!!!

Like someone else point out, if we break the season out into 8 6 game blocks, we need more than 6 points (almost 7) to get to a projected cut line of around 55 points (95 points pro-rated). So for this first 6 game block, we need at least 3 of the remaning 4 points against the Avs and the Yotes.

And really - I think we will need to be a lot better than than, because I think that 9 game road trip at the end of Feb is going to be killer)

I've always like the perspective of breaking any season into 7 game segments (i.e. a 7-game playoff series). If you can consistently earn more points than you give up over every 7 game stretch, you have a good chance of making the playoffs. Currently, the Oilers are down 6 points to 4 with 3 games to go so they need two regulation wins in the next three to keep pace. I think they can do it.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
it is a must win on 2 fronts, they have to prove they can score first and keep a lead. And they have to win their divisional games. as many as possible anyway. losing to the flames should be a giant wake up call and we should see a different team in the first tonight.

TMLFAN4LIFE

Dec 11, 2006
Colorado= 8th most powerplay goals allowed on the season in the NHL
Edmonton=5th in powerplay efficiency and PPG to start the year..

Based on those #'s, the Oilers should blow the Avs out of the water tonight. Yakupov/Hall/Eberle powerplay unit should dominate tonight, I really don't understand why everyone here thinks the Oilers are going to be caught flat-footed.

Is there any chance Danis starts tonight?

Last edited:

HumbleOilFan

Feb 15, 2007
Mods I hope this isn't a faux pas in a GDT...I have listed this in the ticket exchange thread as well.

I have two tickets (side-by side) available for tonight's game. Section 215 Row 30. $160 for the pair OBO. PM me if interested. SOLD

PS - 5-3 Oilers. ITS GAMEDAY!!!! :yo:

Last edited:

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Hopefully 56 is in for 91, at least the 3rd line were getting chances the first couple games. 91 is just horrible, should be in the AHL right now. He does nothing every shift.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Colorado= 8th most powerplay goals allowed on the season in the NHLEdmonton=5th in powerplay efficiency and PPG to start the year..

Based on those #'s, the Oilers should blow the Avs out of the water tonight. Yakupov/Hall/Eberle powerplay unit should dominate tonight, I really don't understand why everyone here thinks the Oilers are going to be caught flat-footed.

Ehh, somewhat of a skewed stat. Theyve allowed 5PPGA since the start, but three of them were against SJ on Saturday. Otherwise, the PK has been decent.

Avs have been great 5 on 5. Should be an entertaining game as always between these two.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Hope to see some evidence of synergy between the lines today. There's been little to no evidence of this team playing as a unit out there, time to commit to some sort of system.

Predicting a 3-2 Shootout loss. Schultz, Gagner with the goals.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Colorado= 8th most powerplay goals allowed on the season in the NHL
Edmonton=5th in powerplay efficiency and PPG to start the year..

I don't know about throwing around what the oilers "should" do. the oilers "should" have kicked the flames butts, and instead got schooled.

I understand why people think the oilers will get caught flat footed. that's the Oilers MO right now. Until the Oilers put together a string of well played games, they are going to be suspect in peoples eyes.

I don't think Edmonton scores the first goal. again. I'd also be surprised if they win the game.
hoping for a loser point, or lucking out in the shootout.

CardMonkey83*

Get ready for the beast that is the oilers to unveil tonight. Styles make match-ups, and this is the perfect game to showcase the NHL's sleeping ********* giant. 9-5 Oilers
Buckle up and get ready for a blitz!!
funny-faces-crazy_face.jpg

spot

Aug 26, 2007
I would really like to see a strong game played defensively and disciplined hockey.
With that said here are the lines I would like to see tonight:

Hall Gagner Eberle
Yakupov RNH PRV
Smyth Horcoff Hemsky
Harti Belanger Petrell

Schultz Smid
Petry N.Schultz
Whitney Fistric

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
I'm interested to see what Krueger does with the lines they may be unchanged

the team didn't practice yesterday

I suspect only one or two line changes

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I just wanna see the Oilers get a lead for once and also score 5 on 5.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer
Line combinations at practice: Hall-RNH-Eberle, Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky, Smyth-Horcoff-Petrell and Hartikainen-Belanger-Paajarv

PumpkinBombX

Jan 29, 2009
Why do we need to shuffle the lines?

The answer is that a few D players and about 5 O players just need to work harder.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@dantencer: Looks like Potter is back in for Fistric. Mark is skating with Theo Peckham in the drills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad