GDT: Game 5 - Flames (2-2-0) @ Avalanche (3-1-0) 8:00PM MT (CBC, SN1, CITY / FAN960)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
:flames vs
COL.png

Projected lineup

FORWARDS
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Elias Lindholm
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Austin Czarnik
Sam Bennett - Dillon Dube - James Neal
Derek Ryan - Mark Jankowski - Garnet Hathaway

DEFENCE
Mark Giordano - TJ Brodie
Noah Hanifin - Rasmus Andersson
Juuso Valimaki - Michael Stone

GOALTENDERS
David Rittich
Mike Smith

QUOTABLES - 13.10.18

Coach Bill Peters on Jankowski & Hathaway:
"We didn't play very well the other night. The guys that come in, it will be interesting to see if they can hold onto their spot. You've been out for a while, now you get in - we should get some real good play out of those two guys."

Peters on forward depth:
"We've got good depth, but we've got to play hard. We obviously weren't excited about our effort the other night, and when you have an effort like that and have the luxury of making some lineup changes, you usually do. Now the guys coming IN, they want to make sure they play well, the team plays well and they get a win, so you don't see any lineup changes once you're in the lineup."

Jankowski on drawing in:
"I've got to go in and play my game. I've got to be hungry. I know I can be a huge factor for this team, but I've got to go out and prove that. I've got to be hard and heavy on pucks, play a good, 200-foot game, be good in the faceoff dot and overall, try to be a good player out there."

Jankowski on sitting out the past two:
"You never want to sit out. You want to be out there helping the team win. Anytime you sit out, it's a reality check. You have to take a step back, look at yourself in the mirror and focus on what you can do better, so that when you do get back in the lineup, you seize your opportunity."

Hathaway on making his season debut:
"I think the main message is, 'Don't change your game.' Be physical, go to the net and keep moving your feet. If I can bring some energy to this team, that's the best-case (scenario)."

Noah Hanifin on tonight's matchup:
"It should be a fun game. They've got some good talent up front and obviously their first line is real strong with MacKinnon and Rantanen. I expect a big round from us. We were obviously disappointed with our last game, so we're going to come out hard and push from the get-go."

Juuso Valimaki on new D pairings:
Valimaki will be paired with Michael Stone; Hanifin will be paired with Rasmus Andersson
"Before the game, we'll have a little chat to ensure we're on the same page. I think the key with any new pairing is to communicate well; lots of talk out there."

avalanche1.jpg
avalanche2.jpg
avalanche3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sk8M8

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Reactions: Sk8M8

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Good wake up call for Frolik. Aside from one preseason game with Bennett and Jankowski, he hasn't been good enough so far this season.

Will be interesting to see how Andersson and Hanifin do. Could be a future top pairing one day.

Reactions: super6646 and Sk8M8

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Gotta play a tight-checking game and be capitalistic. For 2/3rds of the game we'll have a rookie Dman out there so we can't get into a run n gun game as we will be the team more likely to make the bad giveaway or pinch that puts us down.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
Monahan screwed up, but there was a lot of failures on that whole play. Johnny tripped off the dot and *Brodie did not look ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad