GDT: Game 5 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD)

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Hawks are tired now and it showed last night, with Helm back in the line up and the defense starting to settle down I think the wings will win 4-2.
If Big E comes back it will be a big plus.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Heh. If he had three years of coddling like E got, he'd probably be even better. :handclap:

Once in a while you need to hold the player accountable. Quincey is a big boy and has played more games than Ericsson has in the league. I was half excited to see the Wings trade for him last year since there was so many people defending him after he was waived because of how "good" he was on LA and Colorado. Now that we've seen him scratched in Colorado and be worse here than Lilja was at times I really hope after about 20 games he's either adapted or sent to the press box.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
So much cockiness over on the blackhawks board, we will probably lose but I hope we win just to rain on their undefeated parade.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
So much cockiness over on the blackhawks board, we will probably lose but I hope we win just to rain on their undefeated parade.

I know I got pissed when I saw they named their GDT Dead Wings @ Blackhawks.
If Helmer was still in we'd have a much better shot at beating them. Even still the Hawks are tired and it showed in their sloppy play last night.
Hopefully by some miracle we blow them out of the water just to shut them the **** up.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Once in a while you need to hold the player accountable. Quincey is a big boy and has played more games than Ericsson has in the league. I was half excited to see the Wings trade for him last year since there was so many people defending him after he was waived because of how "good" he was on LA and Colorado. Now that we've seen him scratched in Colorado and be worse here than Lilja was at times I really hope after about 20 games he's either adapted or sent to the press box.

And Quincey did well enough on those other teams to hold down a top four spot, when the Wings gave him away for nothing. He's been with the Wings for a couple months, and y'all have already planned the lynching. Forgive me if I don't take that seriously because I remember when Kronwall's 5 yr $3MM contract was laughed at and half the board volunteered to drive him to the airport. Lilja had one good stint with the Wings, right before he was in that fight that took him out with a concussion. That was what, about 3-4 months of his entire career, at the age of 33 or 34, on a fairly solid Wings team?

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ

I know I got pissed when I saw they named their GDT Dead Wings @ Blackhawks.
If Helmer was still in we'd have a much better shot at beating them. Even still the Hawks are tired and it showed in their sloppy play last night.
Hopefully by some miracle we blow them out of the water just to shut them the **** up.

Cause Wings fans have never sounded cocky over the past couple of decades? Let them have their fun. We had a good run and KH is rebuilding on the fly.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Our top two lines will have to dominate tonight with Helm out. No dumb penalties. Ericsson is back which is nice.

DatsyukianDeke*

I think if we limit the penalties, we win. I think we can go with them 5 on 5, but definitely not short handed 9 times like last game.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI

Me too. I would love if the Wings were to break their streak. I feel like the RW's always confound Chicago, frustrating their big players while Datsyuk just owns. But reviewing last years games the Hawks won 4 of 6, I don't remember them besting us. Either way all 6 matches last year were within 1 goal. These two bring out something special in each other, expecting another close one.

Lets Go Red Wings! :scool:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well Hawks are riding onto the best start of their history. We should win by default. I'm gonna go with that. Can't be perfect every night. Plus Hawks played last night. Hard to win back to backs even if you are home. Not sayng it's gonna be easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad