GDT: [Game #5] Dallas Stars @ Montreal Canadiens - 6:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Are we a wagon? Feels like we're a wagon...

I'm gonna agree with Otter's body language that I didn't like the 2nd goal against - not that it was a softy, just felt like he should have had it. Oh well, 1 "should've had it" goal per 4 games is pretty darn good and will win him the Vezina if he can keep it up.

One silver lining to sending WJ back down is that he will hopefully be fresher and able to contribute during a playoff run next spring, versus keeping him up and burning him out by around game 50 (which seems to be about where 19 year olds hit the wall).

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'd still take him over Hanley tbh. He does bring much needed physicality back there

Agreed. He'll likely stop taking penalties soon enough, and he's the only legitimate physical presence we have on defense.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
I'd still take him over Hanley tbh. He does bring much needed physicality back there
At least Hanley wouldn't be putting us shorthanded multiple times per game like Jani has been doing. The main thing that gives me pause is that it would mess up our righty/lefty balance that we have going rn. I like Jani but these penalties have been driving me crazy.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I think Johnston getting hurt in the summer set him back a lot this season. He needed the strength training you can do only in the offseason and missed out on it because of the Memorial Cup and injury.

He's still NHL-ready, but not on the level he could have been.

Reactions: Kcb12345

pbatx

Feb 26, 2015
Austin, TX
It's very funny how every dude is volunteering how much they hated the Bowness game.

Really makes you wonder how much better the team could have been had they canned Bowness during the season.

Thought the same thing as I finally found a stream online to watch the game, it's basically the same team. Sure, add Marchment and sub out Klingberg, but it's the same guys pushing to win, possessing the puck and not turtling with a lead. Oh, and the young players get to play.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Well actually Jake, the team sat back even when games were tied last year to try and win in Overtime
actually-nerd.gif

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hakanpääs penalties will go down once the refs go into midseason form. Happened to him last year too. Early in the season ref call way more penalties for smaller infractions .

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
We get it, you hate Guri. Get a new hobby.
I was a Guri fan during his breakout season, even bought his winter classic jersey. His confidence is just shot and looks so lost. Which is weird because his training camp and preseason he looked great.

Reactions: Elysian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad