GDT: Game 5: Columbus at Ottawa | 10/18 7PM EDT

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Hartnell is ****ing terrible. Everytime he touches the puck its clumsy and most likely a total kill of offensive momentum. How the hell did he ever score forty goals, I dont care who his center was.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Well the road doesn't get any easier this week. Hope we are done wading into games and making dumb mistakes.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Given the negative response to a 3-2 win where the losing road team finished the game strong, there should be some good vibes around here now, no?

In reality, tough loss on the road in a B2B situation. Could've gone either way. Onto the next one.

2minpenalty

Mar 29, 2011
If Murray can practice and take hits, there is no excuse to keep holding him out. We need him on the PP instead of Erixon.

I don't disagree with you. I would also put Prout in the press box and put Golo in. Prout is slow and a turnover machine!

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
I think the odds are pretty good that they come back from this road trip 3-5. This group is going to have an extremely hard time staying near .500 until the injured return. I wasn't really for a trade, but after the last three outings, I think it has to be seriously considered now.

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
I think the odds are pretty good that they come back from this road trip 3-5. This group is going to have an extremely hard time staying near .500 until the injured return. I wasn't really for a trade, but after the last three outings, I think it has to be seriously considered now.

Nah. I think we steal at least one win. I put the odds pretty good that we come back 4-4. maybe even 5-3. If we can at least get Murray back, and the fact that Bob should be in net each night, there is no reason to think that we can't steal at least one game.

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011

I agree, outside of the Johansen line, it seemed like there were no other chances being generated. We can't compete in our division with one scoring line like this. Hartnell, Anisimov and Wennberg seem almost invisible in the offensive zone, and they've had some pretty bad defensive play the past few games. We can't rely on Johansen and Jack Skille to put the puck in the net every game.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Sens fan coming to tell you that you guys have a scary good player in Johansen.. Dude is straight up gold. Hes impossible to get off the puck.. Forsberg like.. Best of luck the rest of the road trip..

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
The good, they don't play till Thursday. The bad, they don't play till Thursday.

CBJorBust

Sep 27, 2006
Why are people saying Hartnell has been awful? 4 helpers in 5 games, and only reason Savard scored from the point is because of Hartnells screen....

Yea he hasn't buried the puck yet, and hasn't been a world beater, but the guy has been soild (umby wouldn't have 4 assists) ... I want to see him and Dubinsky playtogether.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I just don't understand what Richards sees in Prout. I don't get it and, quite frankly.. I don't think I'll ever get it.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Some people are way over reacting. We are missing 3 of our best players. Calm down, we all knee this first month was going to be rough without them. All things considered it was pretty good. Joeys line has a lot of pressure on them. Getting Dubinsky and Jenner back out there will be HUGE in getting back to a more consistent Jackets style of hockey...no need to make any desperation trades...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I missed tonight's game. Who played well, who didn't?

Johansen(of course) and Skille played pretty well.

Anisimov had his moment(s).

Atkinson was meh.

Same with Foligno.

Wennberg got absolutely robbed but I think he played a pretty good game. Good enough to center Calvert and Atkinson when Richards shook the lines up.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He's just not that good. Dunno why the CBJ media and company keep hyping him up as a key piece to our future. He's just not that good.. not downright terrible, but not good.

Probably because how great he was in the lockout season, he's right handed, and he's physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad