Post-Game Talk: Game 5: Caps vs. Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Just win...Trotz concerns me with his comments about some players thinking last game was going to be easier than it was and playing on the perimeter...no playoff game is easy.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think they need to shake up the bottom 6. Top two lines have looked good for most of the series, but our depth forwards have been getting outplayed by their depth forwards which really shouldn't be happening. Richards should really be on the 4th line and Beagle has played well enough to be on the third line.

Maybe something like:

25-90/83-83/90
26-10-43

I wouldn't mind putting Chimera on the 4th line either, he's been invisible this series. The problem is I don't know if either Winnik or Chimera can play RW. Wilson has been better than both of them so it wouldn't be a terrible idea to put Wilson on the third line either, but I'd prefer Beagle get the promotion first.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
looking good and producing are apparently different things. the second line has nothing in 5 games except a fluke goal. Beagle by himself has more goals than the second line.

I am not sure I see the problem as the bottom 6.

Sep 19, 2008
You don't want no part of game six with bad officiating and flyers fans and all that.

Need to play all 60. Exert yourselves starting from puck drop. Don't let them get any momentum. Quash them once and for all.

Biggest concern for me is slow starts. Pepper neuvirth early and lead. Can't hibernate tonight.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I think the 2nd line needs to quit over passing and start over shooting for once.

caps need to play like they're not getting a single PP all game, don't expect it.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
we didn't lose twice a row in non gimmicky fashion during the regular season, hoping that continues.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
shiningloyd-246x300.jpg

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
looking good and producing are apparently different things. the second line has nothing in 5 games except a fluke goal. Beagle by himself has more goals than the second line.

I am not sure I see the problem as the bottom 6.

Possession is a better indicator of future success than past results. The second line hasn't scored many goals recently, but they have been very good possession-wise. I'd say they need to stop over-passing, but other than that they have looked very good in terms of generating shots and chances and they are very likely to start producing, whereas the way the third line is playing they are being caved in possession-wise and have given up chances against.

Beagle is playing well, give him more ice time.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Possession is a better indicator of future success than past results. The second line hasn't scored many goals recently, but they have been very good possession-wise. I'd say they need to stop over-passing, but other than that they have looked very good in terms of generating shots and chances and they are very likely to start producing, whereas the way the third line is playing they are being caved in possession-wise and have given up chances against.

Beagle is playing well, give him more ice time.

See, this is a huge flaw with possession stats for me. Indicator of future success??? The time to produce results is NOW!

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
rockin' the red tonight, however at Nats Park. better for the ol' ticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad