Pre-Game Talk: GAME #5 - Canucks @ Sharks - "BARF!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemurion

Mar 10, 2011
But at least we're not on the tail end of a back-to-back in different cities; so hopefully we have time for the cocky to wear off.

That and because it was a special teams victory, there may be less cockiness to start with.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
But at least we're not on the tail end of a back-to-back in different cities; so hopefully we have time for the cocky to wear off.

That and because it was a special teams victory, there may be less cockiness to start with.

You could argue that the sharks are having one as well, took the lead on the PP and have 3 PPG I believe

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Expect about 3 early SJ PPs, followed by a ton if we get ahead. Like clockwork in that building. No team gets as many homer calls except maybe Minny

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I agree. Over our first few games I have been increasingly frustrated with Edler on the PP. Although he's played well, it almost seems like he is using Garrison as a decoy to give himself more opportunities at goal. We have to use Garrison as our Salo of we want him to be productive, and at the moment the Sedins+Edler seem reluctant to feed him the puck. Hopefully this changes with time.

Why are people complaining about the pp? Did i miss a game since the Anaheim game where they scored 3 pp goals. Edler has 2 pp goals already. I know we all think we are experts but putting your best pp players on the first unit seems pretty common. Other teams know they need to take Garrison away leading to more space for everyone else. I do not care in Garrison ever scores a goal as long as the pp is in the top 5 in the league.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think the Sharks are going to come out hard in the first - they'll have a lot of adrenaline from having played tonight. Weathering the early storm is going to be a key to victory in this game.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Expect about 3 early SJ PPs, followed by a ton if we get ahead. Like clockwork in that building. No team gets as many homer calls except maybe Minny

I usually felt like the red wings, and hawks got a ton of homer calls in those buildings.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
If Schneider can hold us down through the first, I will tell very confident about this game. Expect to see the Sharks come out flying

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
If Schneider can hold us down through the first, I will tell very confident about this game. Expect to see the Sharks come out flying

I agree. The first will be huge for us. On a back to back game I expect the Sharks to run out of gas some time in the 3rd so if we can survive the first wave we should be OK.

coastin*

Start Luongo and save Schneider for the Kings. Lu always plays good against the sharks.

June 2007

Jan 10, 2007
Victoria BC
When Kes and Booth are back I'd love to see

Sedins- Kassian
Booth Kes Higgins
Raymond Schroeder Burrows
Lapierre Malhotra Hansen

Three lines that can score, but still are very reliable defensively and can play in any situation. Then the fourth line (basically a second third line) can either be the checking line or take a regular rotation. I think its pretty good balance all around.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
I hate the Sharks because everyone in the stands makes more money than me, even the kids. Hell, especially the kids. ;)

Sharks rink is one of the worst that I have been to as well. Super steep upper bowl, if you lean an inch forward you're screamed at, lousy concourse etc. The fans themselves are meatheads...

Really didn't enjoy going to games there when I lived in California...

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
San Jose is playing well, playing physical, scoring lots and their PP is clicking. The Canucks have gotten better with every game they've played. We'll need that trend to continue if we're gonna get the W against the Sharks. Should be a good one!

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
rivercityshark4.jpg

We're ready for ya! I made this years ago.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
when is Kesler expected back? that will be a huge lift.

Oh, I cannot wait until Kes and Booth are back because I feel we'll be a force if Schroeder stays as a 3C with Raymond on that third line. Having Kesler is huge in so many aspects of our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad