GDT: Game 5: Anaheim Ducks @ San Jose Sharks | 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2012
I wanna see RPG on the ice every time Thornton steps on the ice. We have to force them to switch up that line. We can't have Thorntons line on against the second line.. We will get crushed.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Why can't we just have Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry together for a whole season. Let them work through it. They have always had spurts of pure domination. They can't maintain that because of constant changing. I think putting them together for a month or so, we'd see some great play developing and some chemistry.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Why can't we just have Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry together for a whole season. Let them work through it. They have always had spurts of pure domination. They can't maintain that because of constant changing. I think putting them together for a month or so, we'd see some great play developing and some chemistry.
Maybe they were constantly changed because they didn't maintain their domination.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I like it. It's a good final test to see if Rakell has any business staying up. Some sick hands on that line.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Maybe they were constantly changed because they didn't maintain their domination.

Right. Under Carlyle, if they didn't produce for one period, all of a sudden Bobby is on the 3rd line.

You need to give a line like that time which is something they've never given much of.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I like it. It's a good final test to see if Rakell has any business staying up. Some sick hands on that line.

Agreed Exit. Really interested to see how these three kids play together. We're going to get a great look at the future tonight.

Edit: This line has to be one of the youngest we've ever had. A 19 year old, 20 year old, and 21 year old LOL

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Right. Under Carlyle, if they didn't produce for one period, all of a sudden Bobby is on the 3rd line.

You need to give a line like that time which is something they've never given much of.

You're exaggerating. And BB broke them up as well. If they had brilliant chemistry, they'd be together. Coaches aren't as stupid as some enjoy believing.

They get broken up because it's not working. Almost no line in the history of ever had such great chemistry that they could never be separated. And if you do, you don't lose it over the course of 15 minutes. It's not a video game.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I like the line but hate that Beleskey will be possibly be playing with Getzlaf and Perry. They've spent enough time with a revolving door of 4th line wingers the past few years (Blake, Hagman, Beleskey, Calder, insert plug here) and it never works.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Beleskey worked well with them before his most recent injury. Beleskey isn't Staubitz; he has some skill. For one thing, he has an NHL shot and NHL speed. He's not the brightest winger or the most accurate shooter but he's spent a lot of time on scoring lines and he knows where to go, and he's a pretty decent net-crasher these days.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Actually I'm optimistic. Red hot opponent, we've been just ok of late, seems like a get up and play game to me.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Actually I'm optimistic. Red hot opponent, we've been just ok of late, seems like a get up and play game to me.
We seemed to rise to occasion last year, when we flat out sucked, so here's hoping we can do the same with a better team.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Kid line huh. Wonder how long that will stick tonight.

https://twitter.com/icemancometh

Eric Stephens

I'm not so sure that's a good idea. 3 kids who have never played together being thrown to the wolves against one of the hottest teams in the NHL. This reeks of desperation. It's the kind of move I would expect at the end of the year after being eliminated form playoff contention.

Are we that desperate?

Ducksgo*

I'm not so sure that's a good idea. 3 kids who have never played together being thrown to the wolves against one of the hottest teams in the NHL. This reeks of desperation. It's the kind of move I would expect at the end of the year after being eliminated form playoff contention.

Are we that desperate?

It's not that bad of a line right off the bat of the game. If it doesn't work out I'm sure BB will break the line up a little bit.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It's not that bad of a line right off the bat of the game. If it doesn't work out I'm sure BB will break the line up a little bit.

You mean after they get beat like a rented mule? If this were a preseason game, fine. It's one thing to try different line combos of NHL proven guys, but this isn't the time or place for this kind of move.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
BB has officially started the Random Line Generator.

But in seriousness, let's reserve some of the judgment for when they actually get on the ice. As long as BB can play matchups (in an away arena), it could be a potentially good thing for the Ducks' offense.

There's a ton of skill and speed with the kids. And I'm sure Beleskey will be floating back to the bottom line midway through the game anyways, so the point is moot.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

Are we that desperate?
Palmieri and Etem have played together.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well sharks dont have great depth past their top 6, i dont mind the kid line vs their bottom 6, unfortunately he may be hard to get that matchup worked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad