GDT: Game 5: Anaheim Ducks @ San Jose Sharks | 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I actually dont mind this too much. even those projected lineups.. i'd like to see that 4th line. putting palmieri there elevates that line a little bit. and belesky's been good so far this year, maybe he can keep up with getz/perry this year.

i'd like to see it for at least a period assuming we dont fall behind like 3-0 cause they've been running through every team lol

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
If they plan on matching top line to top line they need someone bigger and stronger than Palmieri. He'll be manhandled against that line. Putting Beleskey on the top line gives them two lines that can hopefully hold their own against Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski. That line is seriously out of control.

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
If they plan on matching top line to top line they need someone bigger and stronger than Palmieri. He'll be manhandled against that line. Putting Beleskey on the top line gives them two lines that can hopefully hold their own against Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski. That line is seriously out of control.

If the plan is to matchup Getzlaf up against Thornton Id like to see BB try RPG to be honest. Ive just seen Beleskey fail on that line too many times to want to see it tried again. Maybe that would jumpstart Ryan's play too, Id rather not see another miserable game from the Ryan-Bonino-Selanne line.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
ok, sorry for posting the GDT too early
Did not want to do any harm :sarcasm:

As for the game, i doubt that Getz line will be put against Thornton line, however, Beleskey could be put with the twins for doing the physical work. Beleskey co-leads the team in hits, and leads in fights, as we know. Putting that physical presence with the top talent might work better now, when we have a deeper roster. Koivu line should be put against Thornton line definately.

I`m looking forward to see how this all plays out, but in the same time, i`m affraid that this could turn out useless. The good news is - you can still switch Beleskey and Palmieri during the game, right?

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
ok, sorry for posting the GDT too early
Did not want to do any harm :sarcasm:

As for the game, i doubt that Getz line will be put against Thornton line, however, Beleskey could be put with the twins for doing the physical work. Beleskey co-leads the team in hits, and leads in fights, as we know. Putting that physical presence with the top talent might work better now, when we have a deeper roster. Koivu line should be put against Thornton line definately.

I`m looking forward to see how this all plays out, but in the same time, i`m affraid that this could turn out useless. The good news is - you can still switch Beleskey and Palmieri during the game, right?

i was thinking that the koivu line should be put up against the thornton line but then I realized that so far every opponent we've played, that 3rd line hasn't been going up against a big line. Vancouver's 1st line isn't big, they definitely dont PLAY big, neither is calgary's or nashvilles. However, the shark's line has a lot of size, and that koivu line isn't very big at all. Cogs/koivu are small speedy guys with winnik being the only one that has some size. That big line must just stream roll through our koivu line.
I think for the matchup tomorrow it shoudl be top line against top line, put koivu against their second line, and then our second against their 3rd

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
i was thinking that the koivu line should be put up against the thornton line but then I realized that so far every opponent we've played, that 3rd line hasn't been going up against a big line. Vancouver's 1st line isn't big, they definitely dont PLAY big, neither is calgary's or nashvilles. However, the shark's line has a lot of size, and that koivu line isn't very big at all. Cogs/koivu are small speedy guys with winnik being the only one that has some size. That big line must just stream roll through our koivu line.
I think for the matchup tomorrow it shoudl be top line against top line, put koivu against their second line, and then our second against their 3rd

Yes, Thornton line will be an ultimate test for Koivu & co. They`re not only big, but extremely skilled and hot right now. Hard to say if Bruce will put out Getz right away, but one way or another, i`m sure Bruce will line up Koivu against their top line at some point.

Last edited:

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
San Jose is the team to beat right now. That 1st line has been on fire lately, especially Marleau. I wouldn't mind seeing the RPG together against them like some of you have already said. Or try Winnik with the Twins. I would actually prefer Winnik so Ryan could play against weaker lines. Rest of the lines could be:

Cogliano-Koivu-Selänne
Ryan-Bonino-Palmieri
Beleskey-Rakell-Staubitz

Sharks are a top heavy team so Ducks should try to spred the offence a bit. Ryan worked well with the kids at times and Palmieri and him could do well against some less skilled lines. Finns with Cogliano worked also sometimes. 4th line should try to cause some havoc, DSP should be sent down already. I wouldn't try Etem yet, just doesn't seem like the right time IMO.

I won't be able to watch this one...

Lets go Duuuuuuucks!

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Im not sold on the sharks yet, theyve looked good but mostly because of their power play. Niemi is an average goalie. Perry has been pretty good at getting under their teams skin, should be a good test for both teams. Ideally we need to stay away from the penalty box, and take advantage of any power plays we may get.
Ok, but that "average goalie" has been one of the best goalies in the league this season so far.

It's nice to see how they'll do against the best team in the league atm. Go Ducks!

Beleskey in top line:

cheech-wtf-gif1.gif

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
Beleskey on top line...I just don't get it. At least Palmieri-Rakell will be interesting when they get matched against the bottom pairings of Sharks.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm interested to see how Rakell does with somebody who actually has some skill on his line (Palmieri)

Ducksgo*

The practice lines according to Stephens:

Perry-Getzlaf-Beleskey-Etem

Ryan-Bonino-Selanne

Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano

Staubitz-Rakell-Smith-Pelly-Palmieri

Yah not to sure I would like to see the official lineup as well.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
In Beleskey's defense, he's been doing what DSP was supposed to be doing which is being physical and hitting everything in sight! The only aspect missing from Beleskey is the ability to finish. I'm thinking he might be inserted there like Kunitz, but without the scoring punch. I could be wrong. But if that's the thought, then may as well put Etem in that slot instead.

DSP has been underperforming and I don't want to see Staubitz on the ice. At least Beleskey has two fights underneath his belt (though, i feel sorry that it's him doing it than DSP who would probably bring a beat down to his opponent). So I'd like Beleskey on the fourth line with Rakell and Palms.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I'm guessing starting lineup will be:

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Rakkel-Palmieri

Beleskey and Etem will switch if Etem struggles, and Murray better be dialing Dallas to see how much they want for Morrow if they don't feel Palmieri is ready.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Rakkel-Palmieri

Beleskey and Etem will switch if Etem struggles, and Murray better be dialing Dallas to see how much they want for Morrow if they don't feel Palmieri is ready.

Don't you mean Palms and Etem would swap if Etem struggles? Especially if you want to add more scoring as opposed to just being phyiscal. But I wouldn't mind dirty goals, I just don't think Beleskey has shown a nose for it yet.

Ducksgo*

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Selanne
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Beleskey-Rakkel-Palmieri

I don't want fricken Morrow he's old and slow. And had a horrible season last season. If your expecting pts out of Morrow your deadly wrong.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
I've always loved Beleskey and feel he has shown great improvement this year. Unfortunately, I see him topping out as a 3rd liner but more likely the perfect 4th liner - which is totally fine with me and something we need.

With that said, given his work ethic, etc, putting him with the twins simply may be a reward for his hard work and following the game plan each night. Who knows. Regardless, I don't like it. Palmieri was doing well there, I felt.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
If you're gonna post a picture of HP, might as well show a pavilion. we don't play at the office jet ;)

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
That second line isn't going to work. And I hope that they don't try Etem in this one, they need experience if they are going against the top team of the league, not a prospect even if it's a promising one. I have a bad feeling about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad