GDT: Game #5 - 10.18.14 - vs Philadelphia - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Sucks to lose especially after we had leads. Positives for me were McKenzie and Spezza. Cole managed to bury one between killing plays. Our top line is looking great. Defense and bad luck cost us the game. Considering we only had 5 defenseman playing I'm going to give them some leeway on some of the bad plays. We have 3 days until the next game and hopefully with that time the defense can get fixed.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Are people somehow ignoring the fact we were outshot 37-23? This wasn't a game we dominated by any means.

We definitely didn't deserve the win, but we could have had it, nice and tidy in regulation... Disappointing, but it's early in the season, and I've got a feeling we don't remember this two weeks from now.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Had a Stars fan turn against me because I said "sit down" when he was standing randomly during play. He wanted to fight me over it. There's a lot of idiot new hockey fans in the stands.

(Edit, this was during the start of the third. No one was standing in front of him).

Last edited:

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
You've got to hold onto a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes left. You should also win when you score 5 goals.

Dallas didn't play great but Philly did everything they could to keep the Stars in the game till the end. That's a terrible point to lose.

Despite their goal, Eaves, Horcoff and Cole were non-existent. McKenzie is NHL ready. Would like Hemsky to get his stuff together. The Pitbulls need to be better defensively. Jordie is still bad and Goli/Daley play way, way too much. This team missed Nemeth and it showed, though I thought Connauton played pretty well.

Ugh I hate losing to Philly.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
Well that was crazy.. BTW kudos to those who stayed standing in the OT, always great to see folks support the right way..

Best line in hockey right now?? You bet your sweet arse it is.. Absolute domination, specially at home where we have last change. Roll on Tuesday and the Canucks..

MetalGodAOD*

We still need a RHD and we still need bigger D-men.

It's too bad Nemeth got hurt.

ds_2_jyrki_jokipakka_ep.jpg

He's coming.

MetalGodAOD*

Cole and Eaves only played 9 minutes tonight. Gotta wonder if Eaves is coming out next game for Colton. I hope so.

Hard to believe Benn only had 1 point tonight.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Yeah my hope is Ruff is giving a last hurrah and Eaves, Cole and eventually Horcoff all go away.

He wants to play 4 lines but that's hard to do when you don't trust your 4th line.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Sucks to not get the win but there were some flukey/unlucky bounces that went against us on at least half of their goals. I also don't think the call on Benn at the end of regulation was correct but oh well.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
- any update on Nemeth?
- How long is Hemsky's contract? I'm thinking it's too long. He's shown nothing.
- Thankfully, Spezza is awesome. Slow but awesome.
- Seguin was amazing again. He gets tons of amazing chances. His shot is unreal.
- The PP makes a better enforcer than any actual enforcer.
- Is Benn hurt? He took some really short shifts. Spezza, on the other hand, was always the last off the ice.
- The defense still mostly blows at the defense thing.
- Seems like they hockey gods came collecting on what was owed for the Pens game. The Flyers got some wonderful gifts.

PezRadar

Peverley #1 Fan!
Jan 20, 2008
Dallas Texas
Walking out of the AAC, some Flyers fan was talking trash and saying how Dallas isn't a hockey team and they wouldn't know **** about hockey. I turned to him and congratulated him on their first win of the season.

He replied back with "Yeah, you are the best team we've beat this year"

(I then reminded him that we are the only team they've beat this year)

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad