GDT: Game 49 - CBJ vs NJD - 18 Jan, 7pm, @Nat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So I was tired enough that I crashed this afternoon, and managed to miss the game.

I regret that. Holy crap. Cam with two goals? Foligno back-to-back games with a goal? Wennberg with three in four games? Jakob "why is he in instead of Milano" gets one? Elvis with the shutout?

This team. Such love.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
So I was tired enough that I crashed this afternoon, and managed to miss the game.

I regret that. Holy crap. Cam with two goals? Foligno back-to-back games with a goal? Wennberg with three in four games? Jakob "why is he in instead of Milano" gets one? Elvis with the shutout?

This team. Such love.

The Jackets sucked for the most part tbh. It wasnt a pretty win at all, Elvis totally deserves that first star for standing on his head in the 1st and the 2nd period.

ZipCity

Dec 14, 2019
Gahanna
Super fun game to see live. Crowd was totally dead through the first period, but that second period....whew, what a rush

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Lovely Swing shift I'll be missing games....just got home to see they got 2 more points

5-0 and Torts says they sucked. I love to hear that. Peddle down.

Get two more points tomorrow and stay healthy

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
No, it's not going to happen.
That goes to Ovechkin.
8 goals in the last 3 games.
3 SO in 4 Games, Elvis definitely deserves it. Werenski had 7 goals in 3 games as a defender, so 8 goals for a forward is nothing special in comparison :)

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH

This team. Such love.
You may read the complaints after a 5-0 game that you missed and wonder why everyone is annoyed. But it's the weirdest 5-0 win I've ever seen. There were literally 46 good plays in this game. 41 were saves, and 5 were goals.

I think when it was 2-0, we were getting outshot 31-13. Just Cam made two good snipes against a goalie that hasn't played in a long time. Afterward, Tortorella described our play as embarrassing, even though we had a five goal lead. The power play was dreadful, and the Devils were winning all the battles. It was a burn-the-tape type of game.

Reactions: Madifer

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
3 SO in 4 Games, Elvis definitely deserves it. Werenski had 7 goals in 3 games as a defender, so 8 goals for a forward is nothing special in comparison :)
Well it’s Ovie, more publicity for him, so yeah, he’s likely getting the first, Elvis the second

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Elvis said in his interview that he is really tired. Critical game tomorrow in NY and after that AS break, should Elvis be in the net next game or Kiv?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Elvis said in his interview that he is really tired. Critical game tomorrow in NY and after that AS break, should Elvis be in the net next game or Kiv?

Elvis. You just don't bench a guy with 3 s/o's in 4 games in front of a long rest period. Especially with Kiv.

Last edited:

ZipCity

Dec 14, 2019
Gahanna
You may read the complaints after a 5-0 game that you missed and wonder why everyone is annoyed. But it's the weirdest 5-0 win I've ever seen. There were literally 46 good plays in this game. 41 were saves, and 5 were goals.

I think when it was 2-0, we were getting outshot 31-13. Just Cam made two good snipes against a goalie that hasn't played in a long time. Afterward, Tortorella described our play as embarrassing, even though we had a five goal lead. The power play was dreadful, and the Devils were winning all the battles. It was a burn-the-tape type of game.

During intermission they throw some advanced statistics on the big screen in the arena. After the 2nd period, the "expected goals" from each team were something like 2.59 for the Devils and 1.19 for the Jackets (actual score, 5-0).

The Devils had more chances, better chances, higher percent shots, etc., but just couldn't find the back of the net. The Jackets' passing was really sloppy, the skating was lethargic, and overall, they just looked tired

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Love how the Jackets are winning games they have no business winning. Honestly, I thought when they were 11 points from the 2nd wildcard spot, they were toast. So nice to see us winning with the way the season has gone, injuries and call ups, especially Elvis turning it around.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Elvis. Play him tonight, keep him away from the rink Monday and Tuesday, let him have a brief morning skate on Wednesday. Then let him sleep for a week

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad