GDT: Game 49 - CBJ vs NJD - 18 Jan, 7pm, @Nat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Another four-pointer, although this time it's more of a "don't concede" rather than a climbing opportunity. Still, every little bit helps.

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Emil Bemstrom
Nathan Gerbe - Alexander Wennberg - Cam Atkinson
Eric Robinson - Riley Nash - Nick Foligno
Jakob Lilja - Boone Jenner - Kevin Stenlund.

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Markus Nutivaara

Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Sonny Milano, Adam Clendening, Joonas Korpisalo (injury)

Roster Report: The Blue Jackets used the same lines in practice Friday as the third period of Thursday's game. Whether Milano enters the lineup remains to be seen, with Tortorella speaking to the media pregame rather than in the morning.

devils.nhl.com has their own preview article up, noting that this is apparently their last game before the break ( :whaaa?: ):
The Devils have dropped each of their past two games after a pair of big wins last weekend. After defeating Washington (in Washington) and at home against Tampa Bay, who had won 10 straight heading into the game at Prudential Center, they had two really tough matchups against the Toronto Maple Leafs and a rematch in Washington.

On Tuesday, the Devils lost 7-4 to the Leafs. It was a game that they'd trailed 6-1 before narrowing the gap to 6-4 before ultimately losing after the Leafs added an empty-net goal. On Thursday, the Caps got their revenge with a 5-2 win. Blake Coleman had a hat trick on Tuesday and followed that up with a shorthanded goal Thursday.

Coleman leads the Devils with 18 goals and is tied for the NHL lead with three shorthanded markers on the season.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Devils' last game:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
So wait..are we assuming Elvis is going to play all the way to the break?

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Strange question. Korpisalo played 2 back to back games in Oct. and Dec. while Elvis was a backup and Elvis played one back to back game while Kivlenieks was a backup.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I would go as far as assuming he gets every game until Korpisalo gets back if they keep playing well. Barring extreme circumstances, he should get all the games, and when both goalies are healthy, whoever is playing better would get the nod. I am not one that thinks guys should lose their spots because of injury, but the stakes have changed and trying to get in the playoffs has become priority #1.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
We play 15 games between Feb 1 and Feb 28 including 3 back-to-backs. Feb 7 and 8 (Detroit and Colorado, both at home) and Feb 13 and 14 (@ Buffalo and home against the Rangers) are when I would expect to see Kivlenieks or VV if Korpi isn’t back.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Islanders were beating the Caps 4-1 entering the 3rd. No 3 point game.

Caps made it 4-2. (shoot, don't be a 3 point game)
Caps made it 4-3 (...it's going to happen)
Tie game (shit)
5-4 Caps (.....are you kidding me)
6-4 Caps, back to back hat tricks for Ovechkin. (no 3 point game!)

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
giphy.gif

Reactions: JacketFanInFL

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Islanders were beating the Caps 4-1 entering the 3rd. No 3 point game.

Caps made it 4-2. (shoot, don't be a 3 point game)
Caps made it 4-3 (...it's going to happen)
Tie game (****)
5-4 Caps (.....are you kidding me)
6-4 Caps, back to back hat tricks for Ovechkin. (no 3 point game!)

Honestly, I’d take a Caps OT win over an NYI regulation win in that game. We’re not catching the Caps. The Isles are in play.

ETA: In fact, I’d even take a NYI OT win over an NYI regulation win, given the tiebreaker this year. Of course, the Caps regulation win is the best result.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Love to see those stats for Merzlikins, what a comeback from his first few games.
He's above .500 and has his GAA and save percentage in respectable range, even with those disasters.
Proud of ya, Elvis.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I have an odd feeling that we’re going to come out flat and lose tonight. Hopefully I’m wrong

Reactions: thebus88

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Well, I just learned something new, apparently the arena announcer actually says “Your Columbus Blue Jackets” and “Jackets on the PP” every time, I was pretty sure those signature phrases were pre recorded

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad