Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This is probably why :laugh:

CSb3YsaUwAANGr2.jpg

Someone needs to tweet that to the entire Avs team lmao. That's a lock for a good nickname.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Imo, owners shouldn't be involved unless they have a very deep background in the sport and are as smart and knowledgeable as the guys they hire to run the organization.

Which is rarely ever the case ( that they are as smart and knowledgeable )

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
St. Louis hates him cause he moved the Rams to L.A. I agree the situation sucks for St. Louis. I'm actually a big Rams fan myself. But at the same time people were not going to the games. I actually went and saw a Rams Bears game this year and the place was packed with bears fans...that's it. It was bad...real bad. So can you really blame him? Anyway I've never seen Stan Kroenke have anything to do with the Avs. It's always his son that handles Avalanche things right?

Believe it or not, the majority of St.Louisans couldn't care less that Enos Stanley "I Married Into Wealth" Kroenke moved his inept football franchise back to La-La Land. The reality of the situation is that taxpayers here basically refused to pony up hundreds of millions of dollars to build this miser a palatial stadium for his miserable team, so he bolted. Of course, the local & state politicians and judges did everything in their power to lick Stan's (and the NFL's) boots, but the taxpayers resisted this naked extortion attempt. The people of St. Louis should be applauded for standing up to these robber barons.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Frei says Comeau not at skate because his wife is about to deliver. I wonder where they are and if he tries to play anyway. My guess is he is probably out for tonight and Grigs and Wagner both play. My fear is that we see someone we don't want to see on the wing with Sods (i.e. Marty or McLeader or probably Mitchell). My hope is that Grigs would fill in there and everyone else stays where they are and should be.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
If Comeau doesn't play, i would guess Iginla moves up and we have Martinsen-Grigorenko-Wagner on the 4th line.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
If Comeau doesn't play, i would guess Iginla moves up and we have Martinsen-Grigorenko-Wagner on the 4th line.

That would be disappointing and an autoloss if we stuck with that. Iggy would get destroyed at 5on5. He has never played with Landy and Sods so who knows though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
EJ not in tonight, but will be tomorrow.

Colorado Avalanche ‏@Avalanche 14s14 seconds ago
Coach Roy: I think [Comeau] is going to play tonight.

linusandvarlamov

GO AVS GO !
Apr 2, 2014
Paris, France
Boy, the playoff race is going to be super tight this year. Hopefully we finish up the year the way we finished last years season. We had won a lot of games at the end of the 14-15 season but it was just too late. This year we really have a shot at getting in.

I'm still hesitating to get up for this one at 3 in the morning or hiding the score tonight with gamecenter and watching it when I get up for breakfast.

Anyways as always GO AVS GO ! :yo:

:avs

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Maybe Grigo will stay in the lineup?

Looks like Roy said the lineup is the same, unless Comeau is out. Then Greg moves up to Comeau's spot and Wagner is in at center.

No EJ, so we'll have to wait one more day to find out what Roy will do with the defense.

EJ himself can't be happy I'd imagine

Edit : Would be kind of interesting to see Greg on that line tbH.

Grigo to the wing with Soderberg and Landy if Comeau can't play. Kinda want to see that...

Yeah, let Comeau enjoy the night with his newborn ;)

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It is very important that the kids do well on D tonight to force Roy's decision to keep them both in and scratch Redmond. Especially Bigras as he is the one that will certainly be sent down if Roy decides to go that route. Please Zads and Bigs have a very good game.

DUHockey

Dec 15, 2015
Looks like Roy said the lineup is the same, unless Comeau is out. Then Greg moves up to Comeau's spot and Wagner is in at center.

Grigorenko is in for Comeau if he has his baby, other wise he's out. Wagner is in.

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Grigorenko is in for Comeau if he has his baby, other wise he's out. Wagner is in.

Where are you getting that? Roy said the lineup will stay the same, which means to me that Greg is in regardless.

Edit :

In case anyone else was unclear on this,

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
What word would you use to describe a steer swallowing a stick of dynamite?

Abominable

What word would you use if that dynamite went off?

Noble

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Super 16: Canada could miss Stanley Cup Playoffs

15. Colorado Avalanche (24-21-3)

Last week: NR

Good: They've allowed four goals in their past four games after allowing 10 in their previous two.

Not so Good: Mikhail Grigorenko played 11 shifts totaling 6:46 Wednesday, his first game back after he was scratched for three in a row. It's the ninth time in 41 games this season he's played less than 6:46.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=798918&navid=nhl:topheads

A little weird they couldn't come up with something better than that for the 'Not so Good' lol, but can't say I disagree with it haha.

Keep Greg in the lineup Roy! NHL.com agrees with me!

Also, I wonder when some of these media people are going to take notice that we've done that with two 20 year old defenders in the lineup, and missing our top defender?

Really surprised no one has written about that yet.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
A little weird they couldn't come up with something better than that for the 'Not so Good' lol, but can't say I disagree with it haha.

Keep Greg in the lineup Roy! NHL.com agrees with me!

Also, I wonder when some of these media people are going to take notice that we've done that with two 20 year old defenders in the lineup, and missing our top defender?

Really surprised no one has written about that yet.

Casual media stat-watchers probably think Barrie or Beauch is our top d-man anyway. EJ got written off as a bust years ago, they won't acknowledge him anymore.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It is very important that the kids do well on D tonight to force Roy's decision to keep them both in and scratch Redmond. Especially Bigras as he is the one that will certainly be sent down if Roy decides to go that route. Please Zads and Bigs have a very good game.

Yes they have to have a good game tonight to keep the plan going. However they leave for Dallas tonight after the game, I imagine they've let people know what's going on. Ie if Guenin is going with or not.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Can't be too optimistic. Got a feeling if Comeau doesn't go, we'll be seeing Iginla/Martinsen on the wing with 92 and 34.

Also, Woody is a great nickname for Bigras ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad