GDT: Game 49: Avs vs Blues | 7 PM MT | January 22, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If Landy can get going again it would really bump this team up a notch. Getting EJ back is going to be great too, even though we can't complain about GAA with him out.

Roy did mentioned to the reporters yesterday "I think you guys have a good idea of what we're going to do" when asked how the defensive lineup will change when EJ comes back. I have no idea what that means.

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Roy did mentioned to the reporters yesterday "I think you guys have a good idea of what we're going to do" when asked how the defensive lineup will change when EJ comes back. I have no idea what that means.

Hopefully that means; "Everybody and their mother can see Redmond sucks balls. He's going to make stretch passes with nachos in the press box when EJ comes back."

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I was a bit surprised that Landy already has 32 points. Even more so by Söderberg's 33 of course.

Hopefully that means; "Everybody and their mother can see Redmond sucks balls. He's going to make stretch nacho dips in the press box when EJ comes back."

One would hope so. Roy doesn't like Redmond anyways so I think that's it.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm pretty sure Bigras is going back when EJ comes back

Beauchemin-EJ
Holden-Barrie
Zadorov-Redmond

Personally i would keep Bigras and scratch Redmond but i'm not the coach

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Beauchemin-EJ
Holden-Barrie
Zadorov-Redmond

Gross. Zads needs someone that can take the burden off of him, not make stupid mistakes he needs to cover for. In a perfect world we roll with the D lineup most of us have proposed (Beauch-Zads, Holden-Barrie,Bigras-EJ, Beacuh-EJ when things get tight).

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If EJ is healthy, I say play him. He said he passed the conditioning test, and if we're rolling with the 6 best D on the team, we shouldn't have to worry about someone playing too much. I think the games are too important to sit out our top defenseman for one more game, but that might just be me.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Beauchemin-EJ
Holden-Barrie
Zadorov-Redmond

Pairing Zads with Redmond would be an excellent way of crushing Big Nik's confidence. He's a lot more mentally fragile than Bigras. Woody can stay calm and make up for Redmond's blunders, Nik will get overwhelmed and lose his composure. Having him with Beauch is the best thing Patrick could do. You can literally hear Beauch yelling to him throughout the shift and guiding him, it's the best possible mentoring he could get.

Said it before, but I'd go:

Holden - Barrie
Beauchemin - Zadorov
Bigras - Johnson

Then switch to Beauch-EJ in lock down situations.

AvHooligan

Oct 10, 2015
What problem do we have with him?

St. Louis hates him cause he moved the Rams to L.A. I agree the situation sucks for St. Louis. I'm actually a big Rams fan myself. But at the same time people were not going to the games. I actually went and saw a Rams Bears game this year and the place was packed with bears fans...that's it. It was bad...real bad. So can you really blame him? Anyway I've never seen Stan Kroenke have anything to do with the Avs. It's always his son that handles Avalanche things right?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
St. Louis hates him cause he moved the Rams to L.A. I agree the situation sucks for St. Louis. I'm actually a big Rams fan myself. But at the same time people were not going to the games. I actually went and saw a Rams Bears game this year and the place was packed with bears fans...that's it. It was bad...real bad. So can you really blame him? Anyway I've never seen Stan Kroenke have anything to do with the Avs. It's always his son that handles Avalanche things right?

Yeah I know and that sucks, those people have a right to be angry. I'm not as sensitive to it as everyone has pounded the table for years to pull the plug in Arizona and Florida, so the tears for St Louis feel a bit hypocritical to me. As far as us, what reason do we have to be angry with Kroenke. Maybe they are too hands off but hands on doesn't always mean good things either. Sakic gets to drive the bus however he wants, I don't feel like any financial issues come from up top, we are stable and have no worries about getting relocated. Sure a more passionate owner would be nice but we can't have everything in life.

Roy's you know what we are going to do is in reference to Guenin IMO.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Hopefully that means; "Everybody and their mother can see Redmond sucks balls. He's going to make stretch passes with nachos in the press box when EJ comes back."

Lolz. For some reason I foresee Redmond in the lineup when EJ comes back. It just makes no sense, which is why it will probably happen.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Hopefully, but I could easily see it be "you guys know we are not going to play 2 20 year olds and that Bigras will be sent down".

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Can we please get a Kroenke sucks chant going tonight? Like a big one? I'm begging you. I know you guys don't like him either.

If Sacco was still the coach then I'd still voice my discontent with the Kroenke ownership. Not now though.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I'm feeling a slaughter tonight. The Avs have just not been playing well lately all while playing against "weaker" teams. Of course this means they will probably win against St. Louis and look great.

If EJ is healthy and ready to go he better be playing. Division game against the Blues fighting for a playoff spot. We're right in the thick of it now . We can't afford to give up any points and we should be dressing our best possible lineup.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Pairing Zads with Redmond would be an excellent way of crushing Big Nik's confidence. He's a lot more mentally fragile than Bigras. Woody can stay calm and make up for Redmond's blunders, Nik will get overwhelmed and lose his composure. Having him with Beauch is the best thing Patrick could do. You can literally hear Beauch yelling to him throughout the shift and guiding him, it's the best possible mentoring he could get.

Said it before, but I'd go:

Holden - Barrie
Beauchemin - Zadorov
Bigras - Johnson

Then switch to Beauch-EJ in lock down situations.
Woody? (I know you mean Bigras but I figured there might be a story)

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
God I hope they add EJ and put Redmond in the box. That will be the best defense in recent memory.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Once upon a time there was a fairly vocal chorus of Avs fans who were critical of Kroenke, but that had more to do with jealousy over his visible involvement with the Nuggets and him being a basketball guy. During the 08-09 season the Nuggets were at their peak and in a playoff run and the Avs had their worst season to date, and the criticism was loudest then. Kroenke was visible at the Nuggets playoff games, he'd attend press conferences about signing Melo to extensions, etc. meanwhile the Avs were being run by Lacroix like he was the Godfather, hiring his buddies to run day to day operations without taking much responsibility himself. At least that last part of the criticism was valid, but eventually it was corrected.

Now Stan is invisible with both franchises with Josh running the show and being the one to show up at press conferences and ceremonies and what not, and the Nuggets are back in rebuilding mode, the criticism has died down. The Avs are being run by guys who, even if they make mistakes, no one questions their desire to win.

Frankly there's very little of how he handled the situation with the Rams that relates to his Denver teams. He has legitimate business interests tapping into the LA market with the Rams, a franchise that St. Louis got from LA in the first place, and he's already developed the same kinds of real estate/financial development he wanted with the Rams in LA in the Denver market. It sucks for St. Louis. I can't blame the resentment. Kroenke is an impersonal business man, which is bad for St. Louis, but it's not so bad for Denver.

So no, probably not going to get a "Kroenke sucks" chant here, sorry.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think all we can ask for is that a Bigras-EJ pairing gets a shot. I'm hopeful with Roy's tone that it at least gets a chance. I'm not pinning my hopes that it will last, but if it gets a shot I'll be more than thrilled. If it gets 3-4 games, Bigras might stick.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
He reminds me of Woody from Toy Story. Can't take credit for it, somebody here posted it before.

This is probably why :laugh:

CSb3YsaUwAANGr2.jpg

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Imo, owners shouldn't be involved unless they have a very deep background in the sport and are as smart and knowledgeable as the guys they hire to run the organization.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
I'm somewhat optimistic based on Roy's recent quotes that he'll keep Bigras in the lineup when EJ is back, and Redmond would be scratched. I like the oft suggested parings of Bigras-EJ, Zadorov-Beauchemin, Holden-Barrie, but I'd guess Roy would be inclined to reunite EJ and Beauchemin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad