Pre-Game Talk: GAME 49 7:14 PM - THE BEAR returns to Ottawa - NESN, ESPN+, SN1, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
I mean after very impressive 12+ seasons time will catch up sooner or later. When Bruins start missing playoffs and this core is gone, it's time to start loving drafts.
Many franchises have gone through 10 seasons of pain, 20 even. Shouldn't take success for granted.
Don't want to be the next Buffalo.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
doesn’t sound like he neutered them to me
You tell me. Freddy last year was a prick. Yeah he took some dumb penalties. But he was a prick on the ice.

And then Bruce talked to him. And look what happened? He's a shell of his former self.

We can be fast PMD all we want. But we need snarl. And the ones who have it font use it.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You tell me. Freddy last year was a prick. Yeah he took some dumb penalties. But he was a prick on the ice.

And then Bruce talked to him. And look what happened? He's a shell of his former self.

We can be fast PMD all we want. But we need snarl. And the ones who have it font use it.

so you genuinely think he’s discouraging the players from being physical privately while publicly blasting them for not being physical?

rather unlikely

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Do you have a link for that? Because when I search Cassidy and Frederic I find lots of Bruce publicly praising him for being physical and even for fighting Wilson (which he said won them the game). Weird public statements from a guy who hates physicality.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
so you genuinely think he’s discouraging the players from being physical privately while publicly blasting them for not being physical?

rather unlikely

Do you have a link for that? Because when I search Cassidy and Frederic I find lots of Bruce publicly praising him for being physical and even for fighting Wilson (which he said won them the game). Weird public statements from a guy who hates physicality.

You tell me. Because last year he was physical. He was a pain in the ass. He was THE prick. The prick Bruce is talking about. Then he took some bad penalties. And guess what? At the end of last season he was not the same player he was before. And not the same player he was in the AHL.

I often wonder why certain players come up here and not play their game. But go other places and go right back to doing what they were doing. Is it a Bruins thing? A Cassidy thing? I don't know. I just know the Freddy from last year is not the same. He doesn't engage. He barely hits. He's not taunting anyone on the ice. So NOW Bruce wants players who are pricks.

To little too late, IMO.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

I'm trying to find something positive about this team. Watching them lately is just a downer. I just think at some point, Bruce isn't going to be the coach. And idk what alternatives there are. But I believe a new voice is needed.

hes not. Shelf life alone.
But that wont change lambs into lions.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
You tell me. Because last year he was physical. He was a pain in the ass. He was THE prick. The prick Bruce is talking about. Then he took some bad penalties. And guess what? At the end of last season he was not the same player he was before. And not the same player he was in the AHL.

I often wonder why certain players come up here and not play their game. But go other places and go right back to doing what they were doing. Is it a Bruins thing? A Cassidy thing? I don't know. I just know the Freddy from last year is not the same. He doesn't engage. He barely hits. He's not taunting anyone on the ice. So NOW Bruce wants players who are pricks.

To little too late, IMO.
Maybe, just maybe it is the player's own fault for his actions, or lack of. Maybe he was getting in shit for dumb penalties and decided to peel back all the other stuff and overcorrected a bit. Or very realistically and probably the most likely factor is he peeled it back due to the amount of injuries he has sustained already.

Point being there is no proof that Cassidy hates physicality and neuters people yet you are presenting it like it is fact.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Maybe, just maybe it is the player's own fault for his actions, or lack of. Maybe he was getting in shit for dumb penalties and decided to peel back all the other stuff and overcorrected a bit. Or very realistically and probably the most likely factor is he peeled it back due to the amount of injuries he has sustained already.

Point being there is no proof that Cassidy hates physicality and neuters people yet you are presenting it like it is fact.

I'm not the first person to say some of our players have been neutered by Bruce, and I won't be the last. You can agree or disagree. It's all good. But I've seen too many of our players not be, as Bruce just said "pricks" anymore. There is a common denominator here. You can believe it, disagree with it. That's your choice. But that's just how I personally feel. Just like how I've seen Pasta and others skate and play like dogwater lately. The non existent energy on the bench. The team looks demoralized. Whats it gonna take to fix it?

Not sure. But this shit is alllll connected.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I'm not the first person to say some of our players have been neutered by Bruce, and I won't be the last. You can agree or disagree. It's all good. But I've seen too many of our players not be, as Bruce just said "pricks" anymore. There is a common denominator here. You can believe it, disagree with it. That's your choice. But that's just how I personally feel. Just like how I've seen Pasta and others skate and play like dogwater lately. The non existent energy on the bench. The team looks demoralized. Whats it gonna take to fix it?

Not sure. But this shit is alllll connected.

Agree to disagree I suppose, I dont see it as true personally. I cant really think of who you might be talking about as being neutered who has left the team. Ritchie is same old Ritchie on, Blidh is same old Blidh from the AHL. Only common denominator to me is Frederic

Reactions: BruinsPortugal

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Agree to disagree I suppose, I dont see it as true personally. I cant really think of who you might be talking about as being neutered who has left the team. Ritchie is same old Ritchie on, Blidh is same old Blidh from the AHL. Only common denominator to me is Frederic

Which is totally fine. The best thing about being fans is while one may see something, another might not see it the same. It's all good. At the end of the day, we are just Bruins fans who love hockey and enjoy having an escape from a very stressful life.

Reactions: NDiesel

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
while at least it looked like they gave a crap vs the Rags, for way too long of stretches in that game the Rags literally played keep away vs the B`s and made it look like they were 6 time defending cup champs

This has happened frequently in the second period
with this team. Long change seems to hem than in
more than other decent to good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad