Pre-Game Talk: GAME 49 7:14 PM - THE BEAR returns to Ottawa - NESN, ESPN+, SN1, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Can the Bruins team that played the Rangers please show up?
while at least it looked like they gave a crap vs the Rags, for way too long of stretches in that game the Rags literally played keep away vs the B`s and made it look like they were 6 time defending cup champs

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Bruce calls out the whole D and talks about how soft they are

calls out Pasta for his lazy defense

I fully expect the guys to responde tonight it will be a very bad sign if they don’t show some life tonight

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
As a hockey fan there is nothing better than Round 1 of the playoffs.....unless your team is not in.

Bruins fans were spoiled for decades when the playoffs were a sure thing - in 1980 16 teams made it same as today but there were only 21 teams in the NHL.....today it is 16 out of 32.

Detroit paid dearly to keep their playoff streak alive and only went rebuild when the owner passed away 5 years ago.

Could Bruins fans today accept not making the playoffs for 3 to 5 years? :dunno:

I can see the NHL adding more teams to the playoffs in the near future like the NBA has. I can also see the NHL eliminating the weighted lottery to eliminate teams tanking. Habs fans were furious on Thursday when they beat St. Louis :shakehead

Adding 4 teams would be easy - simply have the 4th and 5th team in each division play a 2 out of 3 first round and then keep the divisions intact for the first 2 rounds.

If that was in play this year the Bruins would be looking at a play in series with Detroit and every other division would see teams still having a chance.

Then only the teams that finish 6-8 in each division get into the lottery.
If the Bruins have the success the Wings had and win 4 Cups then I don't care how long the rebuild takes.

I know I do not want Sweeney in charge of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad