GDT: Game #49 - 1.20.14 - at Nashville - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Probably true of all three Olympians. Apart from the jet lag, I'm expecting all three to come back pretty well rested.
I'm kind of starting to wonder if the Olympics were the carrot for some of these guys. Their play has dropped considerably since the teams were announced. I'm hoping that it's just a coincidence.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Just sell. Right now. I'm tired of watching this group of losers. Let's lose with some of the AHL guys. I'm just sick of watching this team.

MetalGodAOD*

I'm with you. I want to see what McKenzie, Gaunce, and Sceviour can do. No more veterans, let the young guys role and make this "their team."

Stars_fan9

Mar 17, 2007
Please, God, please. Does anyone know what those ****ing bird noises are? It's all I can hear. I am going to crazy.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Time to blow it up Nill. You might also want to tell your coach to quit scratching one of the few forwards who can create offense on his own.

MetalGodAOD*

Isn't that what Edmonton is trying to do?

Every year we add some veteran to guide this group of young ones, and every year those same veterans mail it in and take their paycheck. Is that really the culture we want? Maybe we don't need mercenaries near the end of their career anymore. Maybe we need a young group who wants desperately to win.

Just spitballing. IDK

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Every year we add some veteran to guide this group of young ones, and every year those same veterans mail it in and take their paycheck. Maybe we don't need mercenaries near the end of their career anymore. Maybe we need a young group who wants desperately to win.

Just spitballing. IDK

And then we mail out the Vets for picks.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Hey, Mr. Nill?

Sir?

DO SOMETHING, FOR ****'S SAKE!!! :laugh:

Are you even watching this team?!

Gotta wonder, who would want the parts of this team we're willing to get rid of? There is so much suck on this team we can't trade it all away...

MetalGodAOD*

And then we mail out the Vets for picks.

I have enjoyed that, but I wonder if the lack of intensity and culture in that locker-room partly stems from having so many vets who just don't give a **** about the playoffs/Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad