GDT: Game 48: Red Wings vs philly 7:00 pm et 1/25/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
77a2e2f8961ce43880331b9819b1ab61--watercolor-animals-lion-kings.jpg

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I wish we had a real goalie...... said someone last game.

Gotta expect a goalie to have a bad game every now and then, that was Lyon's only bad game in January. Made up for it today, good to see him bounce back.

The way this wacky schedule worked out, there's no back to back games until March 8/9. We'll see how much of the workload he can take.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
What you get for the cap space is part of my point. Fourth liner that can compliment a good checking line, and playing good PK. Yeah, they are not as easy to find as you think. Kostin isn't a comparable player, as he doesn't PK.
At 40 seconds a night, neither does Fischer, really.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Lalonde may have a problem on his hands when Chia gets back. I know it has been short sample, it is very surprising, but.... Maatta and Holl are a good third pair. Don't want to break them up.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Lalonde may have a problem on his hands when Chia gets back. I know it has been short sample, it is very surprising, but.... Maatta and Holl are a good third pair. Don't want to break them up.
Maatta was very good last season. Then 1st 20ish games this season he was bad, very bad, I couldn't recognise his game. But now last 15-20 games, he is back and plays very well. Last night 21 min, 2nd on the team in icetime.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I was a wee bit disappointed neither Ken or Mick mentioned the Jared Goff chant late in the third. A great organic moment from the fans at LCA. Luckily, I was cramming my pie hole with Murdick's Fudge that I had delivered the other day.

Tomorrow I will have a nice laugh at the expense of my Philly colleagues.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Count me in the ‘he’s looking better’ camp regarding Maatta. It’s promising indeed because when playing well he’s a steadying influence back there.

He's looked very good last few games. I may be alone but also liked Petry a bit, he has some underrated grit to his game.

I was a wee bit disappointed neither Ken or Mick mentioned the Jared Goff chant late in the third. A great organic moment from the fans at LCA. Luckily, I was cramming my pie hole with Murdick's Fudge that I had delivered the other day.

Tomorrow I will have a nice laugh at the expense of my Philly colleagues.

Murdick's as in Mackinaw? As a Canadian I just recognize the name from visiting. Or is it a more widely produced thing?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Those off days really helped this team. The defense(all five guys on the ice) were chasing their own tails in December.
If only further extrapolation was linear. After the All Star Break, Detroit would have the best defense in the league! :D

Reactions: Sentinel

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Watched the highlights reel, and saw a little more than my glitchy browser/app feed let me see last night. I still think Philly and Detroit looked very similar, skill- and energy-wise. Shocking observation given they have pretty much the same records.

I like the "retro" 2 Unlimited riff for goals - always have. I like the Eminem one too. What's a fan to doooooooooo?

After that swimmer goal net stand by Walman, I believe my journey toward the Man-crush Side is complete.

Fun stuff. I could watch games like that all season, even without the shutout. It goes in the bin labeled "games I would show a buddy who kinda wanted to become a hockey fan but wasn't quite sure".

If only further extrapolation was linear. After the All Star Break, Detroit would have the best defense in the league! :D
Eventually the other teams might say it's

Over_9000.png

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Rasmussen was great. Have loved his game the last few weeks
It's like he remembers he is big like 1/2 way through the season and starts using that body to man handle people along the boards from a puck possession standpoint.

Like honestly he is one of top offensive puck possession players when he is on his game. Dmen cannot handle his size and reach.

Reactions: 14ari13

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
It
Love the commitment to defense all of a sudden these past few games (besides the Dallas game but we won't talk about that).
S almost as if implementing new strategies takes time and not immediately like a lot of people seem to think it does.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
After several poor games at the faceoff dot the Wings dominated tonight

great bounceback game by Lyon. Love the team commitment to defensive play

Maatta weirdly finished second in icetime barely behind Seider with 21:13. Fester keeping us guessing...
One thing I have noticed since chiarot has been out, petry + maatta combo is actually not that bad at all.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Maatta+ for Hanifin, get it done pls Yzerman

We need someone to take some of the hard minutes from Seider so he can shine offensively too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad