GDT: [Game #48] Dallas Stars @ Chicago Blackhawks - 7:30 PM CT (BS-SW)

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
Before the game at Colorado, I think Oettinger had played 3 road games. I think he'll double that Sunday. Would be crazy to not play him again.

I think you got to start Holtby on Sunday, lesser competition and it will stop him from being on the bench for too long. If he doesn’t start that game he’s going into a huge b2b with jets and preds not having played in 10 or 11 days. I think the starts will go
Holtby @ Yotes
Oetter vs jets
Holtby @ preds

then ride oettinger for a bit after

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Oettinger starts every game outside the back to backs while he's hot imho. Especially with multiple days off after tomorow. Holtby also really looked subpar in the last while.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
And this is our idiot captain.

I’ve lately thought about if the “C” should stripped from Benn but at this point there’s no reason. If we do get a new coach in the offseason and Pavelski signs for another two years I’d give it to him though.

Would Benn either A. get pissed and somehow make his contract even worse or B. actually help his game with the relief off of him.

Last edited:

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

I’ve lately thought about if the “C” should stripped from Benn but at this point there’s no reason. If we do get a new coach in the offseason and Pavelski signs for another two years I’d give it to him though.

Would Benn either A. get pissed and somehow make his contract even worse or B. actually help his game with the relief off of him.
Holy overreaction Batman

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
People really put to much stock into those damn letters.
Like they don't mean anywhere near as much as the average fan thinks they do

Reactions: Elysian and LT

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

what am i reading

MBTendy

May 6, 2009

good thing fans opinions don’t matter because his teammates speak very highly of Benn as a leader, especially the young guys.

Comments like these just make me laugh lol.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
good thing fans opinions don’t matter because his teammates speak very highly of Benn as a leader, especially the young guys.

Comments like these just make me laugh lol.

It's hilarious how differently many fans view Benn as a captain vs how his teammates view him. There's some crazy amounts of projection going on, i.e. "Benn isn't playing up to his contract" becomes "I want Benn off the team because he sucks" becomes "Benn is a bad captain and everyone hates him".

Reactions: MBTendy

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
It's hilarious how differently many fans view Benn as a captain vs how his teammates view him. There's some crazy amounts of projection going on, i.e. "Benn isn't playing up to his contract" becomes "I want Benn off the team because he sucks" becomes "Benn is a bad captain and everyone hates him".
I think Benn is a really good captain. Now his contract is another thing. If it was around 4.5-5 a year he would be great. But at his current rate he has to produce more offensively and he has not done that. Teammates love him. I love how he stands up and fights for them as well.

Reactions: MBTendy

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017

zer0 reason to strip Benn of the c .

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I think Benn is a really good captain. Now his contract is another thing. If it was around 4.5-5 a year he would be great. But at his current rate he has to produce more offensively and he has not done that. Teammates love him. I love how he stands up and fights for them as well.

That is very fair and I even agree with your post. It’s unfortunate but you’d have to imagine the wear and tear of the style he played for 10+ years and his surgeries has taken a toll on him. Everyone also anticipated the cap to have gone up over the years.

he’s definitely not playing up to his salary and most likely won’t ever, but he’s still serviceable and then you factor in what he means to his teammates and the franchise, it can be worse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad