GDT: [Game #48] Dallas Stars @ Chicago Blackhawks - 7:30 PM CT (BS-SW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #48 – 2/18/2022 – 7:30 PM CT – BS-SW
United Center

Your Dallas Stars
vs. the Chicago Blackhawks
26-19-2, 54 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 18-25-7, 43 pts

STATS

yDBIJuU.jpg
U5Pkinv.jpg

:stars
vsV97aH.png
:hawks

Stars
j7g3fOA.png
QP8XUIe.png
7yB2zXn.png

8Ye99rm.png
Xy5H8jn.png
r2eq1bL.png

fB5lrh6.png
V4qsLNR.png
LnF7Q27.png

bNfLSg7.png
yX5z5uK.png
1lgZhLo.png

KQciTzi.png
1PAgWWq.png

DpkaJIF.png
FNS31xJ.png

9i2pcHq.png
XgXIryF.png

ybNIJF3.png

Blackhawks
Hagel - Strome - Kane
Debrincat - Dach - Entwistle
Kubalik - Slavin - Lafferty
Kurashev - Carpenter - Connolly

De Haan - S. Jones
C. Jones - Murphy
McCabe - Gustafsson

Fleury

iug5VMR.png

Reactions: LT

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I was on team lose for a while, but Nill will refuse to trade UFAs to bulk up for the future so I am back on the team win train.

I don't think we fall enough to ever be "out of it" before the deadline.. we will continue to play .500 hockey the rest of the season, either miss the playoffs by 2-6 points or just sneak in and get demolished in the first round.

Reactions: Henderson33

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
If this team gets in that top wild card spot is the one to get in on. I would rather play pacific teams.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I think their best shot at a sudden fall before the deadline is some significant injury. They've been super healthy to this point. The upcoming stretch of games is going to be a little rough too, and also features a ton of key matchups. Probably gonna float around this 50-55% win area, and because the western conference is awful, that will keep them close enough and we'll mortgage the future for a shot at getting destroyed by Colorado.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I was on team lose for a while, but Nill will refuse to trade UFAs to bulk up for the future so I am back on the team win train.

I don't think we fall enough to ever be "out of it" before the deadline.. we will continue to play .500 hockey the rest of the season, either miss the playoffs by 2-6 points or just sneak in and get demolished in the first round.

Yeah I’m with you. May as well hope for the playoffs. I mean if there’s a chance we can win a round or two it’s worth it. That bubble run was a lot of fun

Also I feel like this team hasn’t hit its peak yet, whether they can who knows. If they catch fire at the end of the season they could do some damage

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah I’m with you. May as well hope for the playoffs. I mean if there’s a chance we can win a round or two it’s worth it. That bubble run was a lot of fun

Also I feel like this team hasn’t hit its peak yet, whether they can who knows. If they catch fire at the end of the season they could do some damage

Yall are playing it risky.

If we win a round or 2 I'd be concerned that Nill and Bowness would be welcomed back. I just want whatever result guarantees a youth and speed movement going forward

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I think their best shot at a sudden fall before the deadline is some significant injury. They've been super healthy to this point. The upcoming stretch of games is going to be a little rough too, and also features a ton of key matchups. Probably gonna float around this 50-55% win area, and because the western conference is awful, that will keep them close enough and we'll mortgage the future for a shot at getting destroyed by Colorado.

It's not Colorado or bust anymore. Nashville's 3 game losing streak has put them within striking distance.

There's a not so hard to imagine scenario where Dallas wins tonight, Nashville loses to Carolina tonight, and Dallas pulls within 4 points with 2 games in hand on the Preds.

I said it last night, but I'm genuinely stunned that at the exact same time Winnipeg is back on Dallas' ass, Dallas is close to catching up with Nashville.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
It's not Colorado or bust anymore. Nashville's 3 game losing streak has put them within striking distance.

There's a not so hard to imagine scenario where Dallas wins tonight, Nashville loses to Carolina tonight, and Dallas pulls within 4 points with 2 games in hand on the Preds.

I said it last night, but I'm genuinely stunned that at the exact same time Winnipeg is back on Dallas' ass, Dallas is close to catching up with Nashville.

I don't see it personally, it could happen, but I wouldn't bet money on it. The stars are just on a bit of a high point while Nashville is hitting a low, I don't have a lot of faith in the stars pulling ahead. What are the chances the Stars keep playing at this pace while Nashville keeps played at a .450 pace? Because 6 points is a lot of gap, even with games in hand, and especially for a Stars team that is masterful at disappointing whenever they're in the bubble and look like they might have found a new level. FWIW, Nasvhille has also played 4 more road games than home games, while Dallas has played 3 more home games than road games.

Plausible to catch up? Sure. Likely? I wouldn't go that far.

Edit: I did just take a peek at Nashville's stretch of games, outside of Dallas it's against the murderous Atlantic. IF Dallas manages to put together a big win streak and wins against Nashville, I could see them catching, but am fairly confident Nashville would just pull away again in the long term.

Last edited:

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
The comment was not about whether Dallas will finish in front of Nashville. They couldn't keep pace with Nashville last year so I'm inclined to agree with you on the ultimate outcome. I'm only pointing out that at one point when it looked like the 1st Wildcard was completely out of the question. They've pushed to where it is at least realistic and worth mentioning.

suprafastcelica

Oct 30, 2006

I'm still on team lose every game. I just want to be rid of Nill and Bowness by any means.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I am very reluctantly back on the win train. Only because I think that even if they miss the playoffs, they will be too close to a wild-card spot at the trade deadline for Nill to sell.

I think/hope that Bowness is gone next year even if they win a playoff series because it’s just time to move on.

Just god damn turn Klingerberg and a prospect/pick into Chychrun Nill!

Reactions: Elysian

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
He just watches those videos on a loop in Incognito Mode with the lights dim ... a nice glass of chardonnay ... adult contemporary music on low. What momma don't know won't hurt her.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Dude ... Hintz may have saved a goal. That looked like an empty net if the puck gets by him.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Suter just loves killing offensive chances....unfortunately they're all for his own team. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad