GDT: Game 48: Coyotes @ Wild - 6:30 PM - FSAZ - On the Road Again

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This goalie interference stuff is starting to remind me of the foot-in-the-crease garbage from the late 90's.

The rule can be as stupid as they want. They just need to consistently enforce it, whatever it is.

It seems like way too much deference is being given to the call on the ice. They'd be better off just paying 1 guy to sit in Toronto and handle goalie interference.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Absolutely were out played tonight, but these kinds of games happen over the coarse of the year and this one went in our favor, the next one may not. Duclair played very well on the fourth line, in fact that line has played well, and that is why he was promoted back up with Hanzal and Domi. Duclair had to get back to being more involved and other teams were playing him very physical so DT may have wanted to shelter him a bit. The kid responded very well.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
I assumed that Duke was bumped back up to Domi's line because we needed a goal and it's hard to deny that our best chances come from the Domi + Duke chemistry.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
And that tying goal re-affirms my love for Reider - what a great player, really.
Skates hard in, steals the puck behind the netand feeds Vermette - while down 1-0 and killing a penalty with just over a minute left in the game!
That play made watching the whole game worth it.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Absolutely were out played tonight, but these kinds of games happen over the coarse of the year and this one went in our favor, the next one may not. Duclair played very well on the fourth line, in fact that line has played well, and that is why he was promoted back up with Hanzal and Domi. Duclair had to get back to being more involved and other teams were playing him very physical so DT may have wanted to shelter him a bit. The kid responded very well.

Agreed, Duke was playing well on 4th line without the puck, so Tip moved him back up, part of the process.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
And that tying goal re-affirms my love for Reider - what a great player, really.
Skates hard in, steals the puck behind the netand feeds Vermette - while down 1-0 and killing a penalty with just over a minute left in the game!
That play made watching the whole game worth it.

Duby is just not a good puck handler. He should have stayed in his net or passed it quickly. Cost his team an extra point. LD gave us both points really with his play. I also like the fact that LD and Smith when he is back, can play the puck behind the net as it helps out our slow D men.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The rule can be as stupid as they want. They just need to consistently enforce it, whatever it is.

You're expecting consistency from referees who can't even be bothered to remember we're called the "Arizona Coyotes" after a season and a half?

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the refs call us so tight on goalie interference because they're used to Mike "Best Actor in a Blue-Painted Rink Segment" Smith and his gunshot-collapse overacting. :sarcasm:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Sad, but I don't doubt it. The imbeciles on KTAR were still talking Cardinal football this am. :shakehead

Yeah. They were going down a list of NFL players who had criminal histories and wondering if they were good pass rushers for the Cardinals to sign. :facepalm:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Better stick Duclair back on the bottom line. He was bringing too much excitement to the game. Don't want that to tire everyone out.

Well, a couple games back Tippett said we had a few players relying too much on skill alone and that they needed to also bring a strong work ethic. Prior to that time young Duclair was not bringing all that much excitement, or anything else for that matter. After a stint with a hard working line...... VUALA! The excitement and production returns!

Xander Sanders

Sep 21, 2007
Arizona
Am I the only one that thinks Boedker has been terrible recently? Granted.. I can only catch parts of a game and don't have a chance to watch full games. Whenever I do watch it seems like he's turning the puck over left and right on the PP. Having him out there over Domi or Duclair just seems silly.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
A crazy win and none of the local papers have a sniff of it on their front pages...Even in the sports pages its like the 6th story.

There was a picture below the fold of the AZ Republic and a small blurb. Article was on page 1 of the sports page.

AZ_AR.jpg

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I'm already done with Kevin Connauton. He should not be out there over Dahlbeck unless theirs an injury. Tinordi played well.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
With the Cardinals out, hopefully we'll see more fan attention and dollars spill toward the Coyotes after the All-Star break.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
That morning drive show makes for an uncomfortable morning commute. It is equal parts bombast and condescension.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
must have been a long list

It was... the funniest (not funny ha-ha, funny tragic) part was that they had their producer looking up the players' rap sheets. Jail time and weapons charges are apparently not that bad, but domestic violence put some players into the "possible but not ideal" category.

This was the same station that a day ago was saying, "Gostkowski cost the Patriots a chance at the Super Bowl."

Our sports media in this town is populated with morons.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
30% off all booze at Fry's...sweet. :cheers:

edit: 6 bottle minimum...sheesh.

Well, I suppose you could make multiple trips into the store (or different locations) if you really needed more than 4500 ML of booze :laugh:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well, a couple games back Tippett said we had a few players relying too much on skill alone and that they needed to also bring a strong work ethic. Prior to that time young Duclair was not bringing all that much excitement, or anything else for that matter. After a stint with a hard working line...... VUALA! The excitement and production returns!

Correct. Some, or maybe most, see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad