GDT: Game 48: Canucks @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ+

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Lol I guess i missed this but are you boycotting currently?

Yes. Also this dude named Strome I keep hearing about ;) If he isn't a regular by the beginning-mid point of next season, then I'm not going to be happy. Bc, ya know, Marner.

Yep. Boycotting. Need a roster player traded or someone fired. Those are my terms.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Yes. Highlights only so far. But yes. I just need someone traded away or someone fired.

Perlini/Dvo, Fischer and Crouse on three lines really give you something to pay attention to. Throw in Chychrun not getting scratched lately and they're getting more fun to watch. Tippett's been giving more minutes to the talent lately too. Too late to push for the playoffs but better late than never.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Perlini/Dvo, Fischer and Crouse on three lines really give you something to pay attention to. Throw in Chychrun not getting scratched lately and they're getting more fun to watch. Tippett's been giving more minutes to the talent lately too. Too late to push for the playoffs but better late than never.

Will it be the same against good teams?

Will it last past the first loss?

Not completely changed yet.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Will it be the same against good teams?

Will it last past the first loss?

Not completely changed yet.

I'm not holding my breath but I give credit when credit is due. Holland and Jooris are both scratched tonight. That is progress. You know it was painful for him to do that.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
I'm not holding my breath but I give credit when credit is due. Holland and Jooris are both scratched tonight. That is progress. You know it was painful for him to do that.

Holland and Jooris are the new Chipchura and Moss and should be on the waiver wire again. Play the kids. Domi is coming back. Fischer should stay.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Holland and Jooris, mostly Holland were two of the biggest roster mistakes we've made in a while.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Originally my opinion was that Smith over OEL for all star was a stupid move. Now i realize its my opinion that was stupid. Smith has off games (like every goalie in the league not named Price) where we get on him for staring down his own teammates and smashing his stick on the post. But when he is healthy and playing at his full potential, he is very good. the 3-0-2 record ( I think) in games where he has faced 40+ shots is a telling stat.

Everyone knows OEL is our best player, but anyone who has watched the coyotes all year knows that this is probably the worst season OEL has had in about 3-4 years. NHL got this right.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Meh they were free and we don't have to resign them.

Winning streak? I had to Google that term, apparently it's when you win consecutive games. Wild.

That's not what I mean. I'm talking about the team's play and the roster structure. They made us worse and took time from better players.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well that was mildly refreshing (still awful hockey from both teams) but playtime is largely over if you look at the schedule. Was nice while it lasted.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
That was an old school Tippett Trap game. Bore the opposition (and everyone else) to death, clog up the neutral zone, find the back of the net a couple times and you have yourself a W. Difficult to watch, but it's effective.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Well that was mildly refreshing (still awful hockey from both teams) but playtime is largely over if you look at the schedule. Was nice while it lasted.

I dunno.... we win the next one do you start unwinding the avatar?? :naughty:

But yeah I agree with you..... last three games weren't a real test. The Pens and Hawks are coming.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Holland and Jooris, mostly Holland were two of the biggest roster mistakes we've made in a while.

This is reaching borderline absurdity.

Beggars can't be choosers. There is such a small amount of risk in these types of pickups. We found a keeper in Burmistrov, in my opinion. Maybe Holland and/or Jooris just become an insurance policy next year, assuming a top role in Tucson. But I digress.

The game was pretty bad overall - that first period had the most asinine puck handling from both teams. We got some momentum here and there, definitely outplayed the Canucks but still had some sloppiness the rest of the way.

Players are starting to click together and we are starting to force more turnovers in this 3 game stretch here. Would be nice to put a little run together. We'll probably pick 5th overall regardless.

I am really starting to like Burmistrov and think we found gold with that pickup so far. Agree with assessments of keeping him for a 2nd or 3rd line role next year.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
That's not what I mean. I'm talking about the team's play and the roster structure. They made us worse and took time from better players.

Fair, and I agree if you just mean their usage and not their acquisitions. When you're as bad as we are, and you need center depth as badly as we do, I'd take flyers on guys like Holland and Jooris all day. I agree for sure though that they shouldn't be getting played over Dvo.

Agreed with bux on Burmistov, I'd bring him back for sure. He's the only one of the dumpster dives worth keeping, or really even playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad