Post-Game Talk: GAME #48: Canucks 2 vs. Oilers 3 (S/O)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
tPDvFI6.jpg

Last edited:

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Poul/Guddy is truly the pairing from hell. Sorry to beat a dead horse but it's nauseating. Like at least separate them so it's not a guaranteed goal.

And yes, I know Hutton looks better without either of them but so does this entire team.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Poul/Guddy is truly the pairing from hell. Sorry to beat a dead horse but it's nauseating. Like at least separate them so it's not a guaranteed goal.

And yes, I know Hutton looks better without either of them but so does this entire team.

Separating them means putting one of them out on the 2nd pairing and therefore playing against 2nd-liners, which neither of those two can handle and thus the team bleeds goals. Leave them together on the third pairing and minimize their ice time.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I don’t know, I like it. They play less and the others are looking much better and showing better potential in their games without those idiots.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?

Gotta minimize the bleeding goals somehow. Gudbranson and Pouliot can at least be put out against the lesser lines and pairings to minimize the potential damage, I guess?

At least Hutton and Stecher are free to actually play hockey now rather than play babysitter?

Var

Nov 10, 2007
SN 650 with the deep voice "BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!"

I want to see Motte on the PP. The guy's hungry.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I don’t know, I like it. They play less and the others are looking much better and showing better potential in their games without those idiots.

Biega should be playing about three of every four games over one of those two.

Right now with the time between games Biega should be playing all of the games over one of those two.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Awful having to play the oilers this many times. They are a joke and laughing stock, a boring team and they’re going no where.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Disappointed on so many levels to see Granlund, Schaller and Loui in the lineup while Goldy is sat - no accountability, leading to coach undermining his own authority, damaging the development of a young player, devaluing that young player's value in any trade, continuing mismanagement of Russian players that make it even less likely any Russian (eg. Tryamkin) would want to come to Vancouver. Coaches can't step on the ice to influence the outcome of games, so when they do have an opportunity to increase the odds of success, it is disappointing to see them squander it.

Reactions: Hit the post

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Awful having to play the oilers this many times. They are a joke and laughing stock, a boring team and they’re going no where.

Yes they are a laughing stock going nowhere. They also happen to be ahead of the canucks. Hmmm.....

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Two teams fighting for a playoff spot with 22-24 and 21-26 W/L records. This is the NHL’s dream.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Yes they are a laughing stock going nowhere. They also happen to be ahead of the canucks. Hmmm.....
Ya, since 1992 the Coilers have been f***ing awful- 1 franchise I wouldn’t trade our last 25 years for.

Oilers are awful. Can’t wait to dredge up this post when they lose McJesus in a couple years lol.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Ya, since 1992 the Coilers have been ****ing awful- 1 franchise I wouldn’t trade our last 25 years for.

Oilers are awful. Can’t wait to dredge up this post when they lose McJesus in a couple years lol.

Why would you dig up a post from a guy who is a canuck fan and hates the Oilers? Strange but to each their own.

My point was people likely shouldn't be on their high horse laughing at the Oilers when, while laughable, they are (1) ahead of the canucks this year and were last year, and the year before that and (2) the canucks are headed down the same road with management making the same mistakes Oilers management has been making for over a decade.

Make no mistake this game isn't a meeting of hockey powerhouses. This is a meeting of teams that have been spinning their wheels for years.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Change will be coming. Entire left side D have expiring contracts.

But it will take some jam from this management group to trade Edler at the TDL or move off Gudbranson. Easy enough to say goodbye to MDZ and Pouliot and bring in Hughes and Juolevi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad