Post-Game Talk: GAME #48: Canucks 2 vs. Oilers 3 (S/O)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
How exactly did it backfire? The team literally made the playoffs with a 1.5 million dollar free agent Gillis signed the next season.

There’s a lot of rumblings out on why he had to trade Schneider too, I know “pastor” loves to ask for sources, but it’s a pretty well known rumour in Canucks circles.

What exactly is the rumour? Sounds familiar but I don't remember

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
I could not disagree more. He's a good Passer and creative player who is currently plating with players who are not meshing.
That’s the definition of a player that doesn’t drive play. When you’re the play driver, players mesh with you and not vice versa.

When I watch him play I see a player that is uncomfortable being the primary driver of offense. That’s not to say he’s not capable of it but he just looks very unsure and as another poster stated ‘panicky’ when he’s bringing the puck up the ice.

This of course may change but right now without a play making 1C feeding him he looks more like a second line winger than a first line winger.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
I called his home-stand as going 1-4-1. This could get nixed tonight...or not...the thing about Elias Petterson (Pratt, please top doing that chalk on nails pronunciation so often) is he makes players around him BETTER,,,again Pratt just keeps recycling that analysis, fill in the names. Cue bass solo.

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017
Amazed after all these years the Canucks have kept the same end of the period horn. They throw away most things, but have kept this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad