GDT: Game 48: Avs vs Blues | 1 PM MT | January 18, 2020 | Afternoon Affliction

Status
Not open for further replies.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Awesome W. Some shaky D at times like usual but was very happy to see us chase Binnington again haha. Highlight of the game for me was definitely the Makar snipe.

Reactions: AvsWraith

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Naz looked great apart from missing the net wide every time he shot it. There was one shift where he straight up draped himself over a Blues player bringing the puck into the Avs zone and completely shut him down. That’s the type of stuff we need against a team like the Blues, and I don’t think we ever would’ve gotten it from Soderberg.

Reactions: Avs_19

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Avs played with some of their best speed of the year today against a team that usually prevents speed. Team D was pretty good/better and think the ice time adjustments are good. Biggest two monets of this game was the early goal by Nate and the Bobby Orr goal by Makar. Avs are in the Blues head now and you just got to stay there.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nuke led all Avs forwards in ice time today...pretty obvious why. And for obvious reasons, I'm delighted about it. :popcorn:

It is amazing to me how much puck-watching happens in the NHL. The third Blooz goal by Pietrangelo was horrible on so many levels. Ultimately I agree with Rudo though--you have three guys battling for the puck there on the half-wall, you need to GET the puck. No excuses.

Anyhow, Avs play a not-stellar game and still win, that's good news. Also good news: They chase Binnington in two consecutive matchups.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Blues are hard to play against. Lots of bodies in the neutral zone, sticks always in passing lanes and very hard to gain zone entry because of these constant picks. They're good at closing off the boards in the offensive zone and quick on the forecheck so it tests the defenders ability to move the puck.

I'm not sure Avs passed the test but they didn't really fail it either. Made it hard for Blues to create a lot of offense, but struggled with establishing any kind of play in the offensive zone.

I liked the game Nichushkin today. He's playing with consistency. I liked Girard at times but looking at the stats he got caved in quite a bit. Perhaps it's EJ more than him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad