GDT: Game 48 1/30 7:07 PM - The Bear goes Duck hunting | NESN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
4-2 for the good guys.

It seems like every bruins game is on national TV here in Canada, loving it.
I was saying this the other night. Seems like the Bruins have played an insane amount of games so far on national TV. I'll take it.

Tough game tonight against a much bigger, more physical team. They can definitely win it, but it won't be easy.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Of course I'm pulling for the B's, but I do have a soft spot in my heart for the Ducks after watching the All Star Game and learning about Katie Hawley. She's a 17 year old Ducks fan who sadly has been diagnosed with cancer for a third time. She had said this time she wanted to give up, but Rickard Rakell (her favorite player) and the team have been a great inspiration for her.

It was a needed dose of reality when I was being grumpy about things that really aren't that important.
990da6c756317c7d5d2dd11723e314a8

This is truly sad. I cannot comprehend being diagnosed three times and having the courage to move forward. May she find strength do fight cancer again.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Certainly not in a position to question Cassidy, but why play two players in Spooner and Bjork on their off wings? My understanding is that Bjork is predominately a left hand RW and Spooner is a lefty C that is certainly playing better as a RW. I guess the idea is to not change 3 lines, but I’d like to see them try:

Heinen-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Spooner-Nash-Backes

Maybe even flip Spooner and Heinen.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
I've become pure "Americanised" in so much as I've gone from only ever expecting one game a week in the sports I grew up watching to becoming restless when I now have to wait 5 days in between a Bruins game! It has felt like a month!

Go Bruins ☘️

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-1-30_12-41-17.png

Tonight's Officials

cr05.jpg
pm45.jpg

Referees Chris Rooney (5), Peter MacDougall (45)
Linesmen Brian Murphy (93), Matt MacPherson (83)

Ntl. Anthem Kara McEachern

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Ducks tonight for the 1st of 2 games between these teams this season & the Ducks’ lone visit of the season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 29-10-8 this season and are 16-5-4 on home ice thus far … They are 7-3-1 against Pacific Division foes and 10-6-2 against the Western Conference. - The Bruins open a 3-game home stand tonight, continuing with St. Louis on 2/1 & Toronto on 2/3. - Ryan Spooner is celebrating his 26th birthday today.

BOSTON vs ANAHEIM, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Ducks are meeting for the 33rd time in their histories with the Bruins having a 13-16-2-1 record and Anaheim holding a 94-82 scoring advantage in those contests.

The Bruins are 7-8-0-1 in 16 games played between the teams in Boston with the Ducks having a 51-44 scoring edge.

The Bruins have lost their last 7 games vs. the Ducks at 0-6-1 with their last win vs. Anaheim a 3-2 shootout victory in Boston on Oct. 21, 2013 & they are 0-2-1 in their last 3 home games vs. Anaheim since that victory.

Fast Fact: Anaheim is 1 of just 3 NHL teams with a lifetime winning record vs. the Bruins (MIN, MTL) & is 1 of 2 (MIN) with a winning record in Boston.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Zdeno Chara – 3 games short of 1,400th NHL game
Ryan Spooner – 4 assists shy of 100th NHL assist

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2017-18: 162)

Charlie McAvoy underwent a successful procedure on 1/22 at the MGH to treat an abnormal heart rhythm. Following the Bruins game on 11/26, he told team physicians that he experienced heart palpitations during the game. Subsequently, he underwent an evaluation, which diagnosed him with a supraventricular tachycardia (SVT). The type of SVT he has is not considered to be dangerous to his health but can recur at any time and causes significant symptoms. After consultation with team physicians, as well as experts in this type of heart condition, he decided to have the condition treated with a procedure called an ablation. The decision to have the procedure done at this time is due to a high probability of recurrence. During the period from the initial occurrence through 1/20, he was cleared to play by the medical team and was monitored closely. The expected recovery period is 2 weeks.

Noel Acciari – Lower body, has missed 1 game

:bruins:ducks

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Certainly not in a position to question Cassidy, but why play two players in Spooner and Bjork on their off wings? My understanding is that Bjork is predominately a left hand RW and Spooner is a lefty C that is certainly playing better as a RW. I guess the idea is to not change 3 lines, but I’d like to see them try:

Heinen-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Spooner-Nash-Backes

He is quick to change up lines if they aren’t working,didn’t seem to like Bjork on the first line,he switched that up pretty fast.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
This is truly sad. I cannot comprehend being diagnosed three times and having the courage to move forward. May she find strength do fight cancer again.

She's an inspiration for sure. Kudos to Rakell and the Ducks for bringing her to All Star Weekend.

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Chris Rooney tonight? f*** that noise. Bruins don't get calls to begin with. This idiot always makes his presence known that hes, "not calling one for the home team". Why does the NHL even let him ref our games? Move him to the West.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
I'm not. I paid $200 for NHL centre ice and every game is on sportsnet for free!
Haha , me too . Always thought there should be some kind of a discount when they are offering free previews on specialty channels etc.… Oh well, let’s just frickin’ win

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This is from another thread . I think it is so cool so I copied it to here so all could see.....

This is Big Z on Brad

"I remember the day like it was yesterday when I was in the gym in 2008 getting ready for a game and watching world juniors on TV when Team Canada scored and this kid was jumping on the glass and threw his stick in the crowd. I was like “Who the f*** is this kid”?? Our coach back then J. Whitesides was watching it with me, turned to me and said “He is ours“. Quick fast forward and Brad had a big impact on our 2011 Championship or 2016 Worlds and 2016 World Cup. When Brad started playing in the @nhl what I liked about him was his willingness to learn. Something so vital for anybody in any field, or simply in real life. I am very happy for him, that his hard work is paying off. Congratulations Marshy and Thank you for representing us @nhlbruins at the All Star game in Tampa. Your captain #NHLAllStar #bostonbruins #bradmarchand #nhl #icehockey ———"————————————————————

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
This is from another thread . I think it is so cool so I copied it to here so all could see.....

This is Big Z on Brad

"I remember the day like it was yesterday when I was in the gym in 2008 getting ready for a game and watching world juniors on TV when Team Canada scored and this kid was jumping on the glass and threw his stick in the crowd. I was like “Who the f*** is this kid”?? Our coach back then J. Whitesides was watching it with me, turned to me and said “He is ours“. Quick fast forward and Brad had a big impact on our 2011 Championship or 2016 Worlds and 2016 World Cup. When Brad started playing in the @nhl what I liked about him was his willingness to learn. Something so vital for anybody in any field, or simply in real life. I am very happy for him, that his hard work is paying off. Congratulations Marshy and Thank you for representing us @nhlbruins at the All Star game in Tampa. Your captain #NHLAllStar #bostonbruins #bradmarchand #nhl #icehockey ———"————————————————————

We need a thread just for Chara's social media posts. They are gold.

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland

Heinen-Bergeron-Pasta
DeBrusk-Krejci-Bjork
Spooner-Nash-Backes

I disagree with this idea only because Spooner seems to have found a happy home on the RW of the second line. It might be better for Bjorkk,, but Spooner has had a hot hand scoring goals the past 7 or 8 games so would not want to change that unless needed.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Ducks tonight for the 1st of 2 games between these teams this season & the Ducks’ lone visit of the season to TD Garden … The Bruins and Ducks are meeting for the 33rd time in their histories with the Bruins having a 13-16-2-1 record and Anaheim holding a 94-82 scoring advantage in those contests.

:bruins:ducks

No sir, Ducks beat us in Anaheim 11/15, 4-2.
I don’t like having a losing record to them either. Let’s do something about that!

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad