Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2018-1-30_3-35-24.png

TV Coverage in Canada depends on where you live - Looks like Alberta is blacked out.

upload_2018-1-29_8-9-31.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbyorr04

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'm curious to see how this game plays out. No Marchand, no MacAvoy and the Ducks play the style of hockey I enjoy and advocate. I think the streak stops here but that may be a good thing long term heading into the deadline, possibly forcing Sweeney to reevaluate his desire for just fast and small forwards. If the Ducks manhandle them he may be forced to add some size and guts up front.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I'm curious to see how this game plays out. No Marchand, no MacAvoy and the Ducks play the style of hockey I enjoy and advocate. I think the streak stops here but that may be a good thing long term heading into the deadline, possibly forcing Sweeney to reevaluate his desire for just fast and small forwards. If the Ducks manhandle them he may be forced to add some size and guts up front.
Not sure one regulation lose in 19 games will change Sweeny’s thinking, but I could be wrong. He may look at the situation if they lose and figure things will get better when Marchand and McAvoy get back.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Not sure one regulation lose in 19 games will change Sweeny’s thinking, but I could be wrong. He may look at the situation if they lose and figure things will get better when Marchand and McAvoy get back.

Very possible, I'm just curious to see how they do against some of the bigger western teams, Dallas was an ot loss, Anaheim, L.A., Calgary, Edmonton. Besides Washington I don't see an Eastern conference team that will give them trouble due to size/aggressiveness (and the caps always give them trouble for a number of reasons) but I don't think they match up great to the west.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Let's get those ducks!

giphy.gif

(That laugh alwyas reminds me of this:
shawn+thornton+laughing+GIF.gif
)

Ducks look like they've been doing okay, going 5-2-0 since their bye week in a packed schedule. Hopefully the ASG break hasn't slowed the Bruins down any. Marchand being out won't help, but at least he has a full week and a half to recover from his ASG hangover.

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My daughter's second favorite team is San Jose. The Ducks are like their Habs.

Will be missing Charlie and Brad.

I don't want any injuries.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Are you saying our current batch of forwards (many of whom are not particularly small) have no guts? That seems to be what you are implying here.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal

I would love to see Miller or McQuaid against Bieksa :naughty:

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Just can't wait to watch a hockey game again. I hate these long lay-offs. Luckily, this the last one for awhile.

Reactions: since76

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Are you saying our current batch of forwards (many of whom are not particularly small) have no guts? That seems to be what you are implying here.

Yes. Not saying some aren't good players, Danton Heinen is far from my type of player but he has been very good this year after I wrote him off last season, Spooner, Bjork, Nash, and Schaller aren't overly physical either but serviceable to a point. I still believe a bigger, tougher equally as talented a team beats a smaller, not as physical or particular tough, equally talented team.

I have been saying for two years they need size, grit and toughness up front, let's see how they do against a very physical team in the Ducks.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Yes. Not saying some aren't good players, Danton Heinen is far from my type of player but he has been very good this year after I wrote him off last season, Spooner, Bjork, Nash, and Schaller aren't overly physical either but serviceable to a point. I still believe a bigger, tougher equally as talented a team beats a smaller, not as physical or particular tough, equally talented team.

I have been saying for two years they need size, grit and toughness up front, let's see how they do against a very physical team in the Ducks.
There's a huge difference between not playing a physical style (which you are moderately accurate on) and not having guts. Big difference.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Of course I'm pulling for the B's, but I do have a soft spot in my heart for the Ducks after watching the All Star Game and learning about Katie Hawley. She's a 17 year old Ducks fan who sadly has been diagnosed with cancer for a third time. She had said this time she wanted to give up, but Rickard Rakell (her favorite player) and the team have been a great inspiration for her.

It was a needed dose of reality when I was being grumpy about things that really aren't that important.
990da6c756317c7d5d2dd11723e314a8

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Glad to see you are back Fenway! I hope you are doing much better! I love Looney Tunes as well and Daffy is my favourite.

It seems like forever since the Bruins played. They will definitely miss Marchand and McAvoy but hopefully keep the streak alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad