GDT: Game #48 - 01.29.15 - Spezza's Homecoming - 6:30 PM - FSSW - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Eakin had plenty of good plays tonight. If Seguin doesn't hit the post we're talking about what a great pass that was. He could be better, sure. He still needs to get stronger on the puck.

Schlemko is not better than Jokipakka. Better than Jordie I guess.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I'm in the Sens end to the left of their bench, two rows up. When it goes into their end you can't miss me and my buddy

satan.png

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Eakin had plenty of good plays tonight. If Seguin doesn't hit the post we're talking about what a great pass that was. He could be better, sure. He still needs to get stronger on the puck.

Something that will probably get overlooked, but out there with a minute left, shorthanded, and wins the draw clean back to Daley for the easy clear and empty netter. He gets some flak for not being super offensive, or super defensive, but he's a reliable two way player and still young.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
“I can’t really explain it. The last few games I’ve played, I work hard, I’m trying to get better and I feel good but (crossbar) in, post in, it’s just not going my way,” said Lehner.

“I’m going to have long sauna and think about things. Who did I hurt to get these bounces? I don’t know. I’ve got to try to get even better. I’ve got to try to find a way ... (The winner) I’m a big guy and he put it bar and in. There wasn’t much space. Back to the drawing board.”

Interesting quotes...considering we hit what? 4 posts?

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
Not the greatest win to be honest, but a win is a win.

Klingberg is truth, and nothing but the truth.

Spezza and Hemsky both played well IMO. They had their chances, and one was able to bury it.

But really, even with Kilngberg, I don't think anyone on this team played a good game. Daley looks good ONLY in stats, but he had major issues in this game once again (which has to be fixed).

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Our Klingberg is to thee.

Kari let in 3. Shocker.

Klingberg on the 1st PP unit. Daley and Demers on the 2nd and they both score. Let that be a lesson.

Tyler can't buy a goal right now. Much skill. Such love.

Unfortunately beating bad teams isn't enough. Jets could basically kill it on Saturday as could the Avs. Guess we'll find out what this team is made of.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I'd like to see more of Schlemko, thought he was better in Montreal than he was tonight. He made that really bad cross ice pass that got picked off for a breakaway, and I remember some other things that I thought were negatives. Still, if we're going to waste a spot on a d-man I'd rather him than Jordie, but I think Jokipakka would be better than both.

I'm really just done with Kari for this season, trade for one of the Buffalo guys and start that guy instead. Sure, he made some big saves in the second half, but he's flopping around after every damn time he lets up a rebound, he isn't tracking ****, and he's giving up stuff he'd never give up last year. I hope he's just having a crap season and we won't have to ever see this Kari again, but even if we make the playoffs this isn't the guy who is going to do any damage there.

I hope that there is no way that we can keep Daley and Goligoski next season, at least one has to go. I'd probably rather get rid of Goligoski for cap reasons, but neither has been making a case for staying over the other.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
I'd like to see more of Schlemko, thought he was better in Montreal than he was tonight. He made that really bad cross ice pass that got picked off for a breakaway, and I remember some other things that I thought were negatives. Still, if we're going to waste a spot on a d-man I'd rather him than Jordie, but I think Jokipakka would be better than both.

I'm really just done with Kari for this season, trade for one of the Buffalo guys and start that guy instead. Sure, he made some big saves in the second half, but he's flopping around after every damn time he lets up a rebound, he isn't tracking ****, and he's giving up stuff he'd never give up last year. I hope he's just having a crap season and we won't have to ever see this Kari again, but even if we make the playoffs this isn't the guy who is going to do any damage there.

I hope that there is no way that we can keep Daley and Goligoski next season, at least one has to go. I'd probably rather get rid of Goligoski for cap reasons, but neither has been making a case for staying over the other.

Kari is starting to remind me the last few years of the Turco era. Flopping around, letting in softies, and lying on his back. It's very concerning at this point since we don't have a plan for goaltending. Campbell isn't even close to ready, Lindback...is Lindback. Rynnas isn't good neither. But if you wanted a goalie from the Sabres. Go with Neuvirth.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Jets could basically kill it on Saturday as could the Avs. Guess we'll find out what this team is made of.

Yes, we are going to find out what this team has got. This next handful of games are HUGE. I'm worried about how Kari holds up under the pressure, but excited to see how it plays out. Wins against Winnipeg and Colorado, and we are in the thick of the race again. Losses will really put us behind the 8-ball.

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
Once again, this team for some reason cannot cycle the puck. Look at the goals from last night.

They looked better cycling the puck on the power play last night, with Jamie scoring after a slick pass from Klingberg on a rebound (cycling the puck created the opportunity for the initial shot), and Hemsky scoring after some good puck movement as well.

However, when was the last time you saw the top line cycle the puck and beat defenders at even strength? Typically they're on the ice for two rushes and then they change. I'm not sure if that's the offensive strategy, but it would be nice if they could pass well enough to create chances without beating defenders with their skating.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Once again, this team for some reason cannot cycle the puck. Look at the goals from last night.

They looked better cycling the puck on the power play last night, with Jamie scoring after a slick pass from Klingberg on a rebound (cycling the puck created the opportunity for the initial shot), and Hemsky scoring after some good puck movement as well.

However, when was the last time you saw the top line cycle the puck and beat defenders at even strength? Typically they're on the ice for two rushes and then they change. I'm not sure if that's the offensive strategy, but it would be nice if they could pass well enough to create chances without beating defenders with their skating.

The top two lines this season have usually played an overload. We don't even see a hint of a cycle until the pittbulls or Fids hit the ice. Fiddler is the best at establishing a successful cycle.

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
The top two lines this season have usually played an overload. We don't even see a hint of a cycle until the pittbulls or Fids hit the ice. Fiddler is the best at establishing a successful cycle.

I'm not saying you have to establish a cycle in order to score even strength, but an overload strategy is usually a PP strategy, isn't it?

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

I haven't been able to watch many complete games since about mid November, but this is something that "worries" me as well. I know it's premature to talk about how to win in the playoffs but counter-attacking styles never seem to fare well in the postseason. To win in the playoffs you have to be able to establish zone time, wear down the defense, and create a mistake that creates a scoring opportunity. This is my number one reason for supporting Ritchie up into perpetuity and playing with Benn and Seguin. Those three have a presence and are able to cycle and get consistent zone time. It's why Eaves or Sceviour can never be more than a placeholder on that line.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'm not saying you have to establish a cycle in order to score even strength, but an overload strategy is usually a PP strategy, isn't it?

There's lots of words for it. It's a very rush-based offset ive strategy. I'm sure there's a PP version of the same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad