GDT: Game #48 - 01.29.15 - Spezza's Homecoming - 6:30 PM - FSSW - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I haven't been able to watch many complete games since about mid November, but this is something that "worries" me as well. I know it's premature to talk about how to win in the playoffs but counter-attacking styles never seem to fare well in the postseason. To win in the playoffs you have to be able to establish zone time, wear down the defense, and create a mistake that creates a scoring opportunity. This is my number one reason for supporting Ritchie up into perpetuity and playing with Benn and Seguin. Those three have a presence and are able to cycle and get consistent zone time. It's why Eaves or Sceviour can never be more than a placeholder on that line.

I haven't been particularly impressed with Ritchie on that line, and I think Eaves has looked pretty good out there the past two games. Maybe Benn and Seguin need somebody who isn't fancy to balance their line out.

Why do people think Benn and Seguin and Hemsky and Spezza don't cycle? It seems to me like they are good enough to do it if they want, so they must be choosing not to.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Why do people think Benn and Seguin and Hemsky and Spezza don't cycle? It seems to me like they are good enough to do it if they want, so they must be choosing not to.

I don't think they have a choice lol. That's all I was saying. I think Ruff wants them to use their speed/creativity more.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Only thing missing from that pick. #FreedSpezza sign. :laugh:

Yeah, I wish I had enough time this week to make one... win some/lose some.

I was pretty much positioned perfectly on that Klingberg goal... I still have no idea what Lehner was doing. I expected Klingberg to take it to his backhand, but you could see that top right side open up a tiny bit and boy did he ever snipe.

10952587_778869585532246_4974059707596254526_n.jpg

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Also, we literally had to help push the team and media buses up an incline as they attempted to leave the parking lot.

When I saw we, I mean myself and my housemate + a few friendly Sens fans.

No autographs on my Benn or Seguin sweaters though- that would've been the cherry on top.

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
Also, we literally had to help push the team and media buses up an incline as they attempted to leave the parking lot.

When I saw we, I mean myself and my housemate + a few friendly Sens fans.

No autographs on my Benn or Seguin sweaters though- that would've been the cherry on top.

That is awesome.

beltjones

Dec 4, 2014
www.breakthecipher.com
I haven't been able to watch many complete games since about mid November, but this is something that "worries" me as well. I know it's premature to talk about how to win in the playoffs but counter-attacking styles never seem to fare well in the postseason. To win in the playoffs you have to be able to establish zone time, wear down the defense, and create a mistake that creates a scoring opportunity. This is my number one reason for supporting Ritchie up into perpetuity and playing with Benn and Seguin. Those three have a presence and are able to cycle and get consistent zone time. It's why Eaves or Sceviour can never be more than a placeholder on that line.

Exactly. There is a time and a place (maybe many times and places) to overload and create opportunities, but I've seen a few games where Dallas has the D trapped in the second period, they can't change, and Dallas isn't able to get a cycle going to grind them down and wear them out. I see other teams who move the puck well at even strength and I think, "I wish our guys could pass like that."

Primetimey*

Does six guys pushing on a massive bus like that even make a difference? You get 2-3 guys on a car and it barely helps when stuck in snow.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I haven't been particularly impressed with Ritchie on that line, and I think Eaves has looked pretty good out there the past two games. Maybe Benn and Seguin need somebody who isn't fancy to balance their line out.

Eaves and Ritchie do many of the same things well on that line, the main difference is that Ritchie is more skilled and seems like he plays off their high end skill better. If I have to watch Eaves get in perfect position 2-3 times a game only to basically never cash in I'm going to go insane. He belongs nowhere near those guys for very long.

Of course they can, I don't think anyone is saying that they can't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad