GDT: Game 47: San Jose Sharks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | KarlssonFest 2019

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Gtime.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This is why I can't get on board when SinBin says shit like "Vegas is now back to being the best team in the NHL"

They're not. They're better than they were at the start of the year. They're back to being good but they're a pretty far cry from great right now. Still a lot this team has to work on. This was a must win, and though they played like it they were still suffering with some of the fundamentals and special teams. I mean that Marchesseault shot from the point at the end there was just completely brain dead.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
3rd place after the 7 game winning streak ended. I never would have expected that.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Vegas needs to learn how to hit the net, and also how to capitalize.

Also need to learn not to ****en sit on 1 goal leads in the third. God that **** pisses me off.

I was thinking there was no way we were going to hold that team off in the last 12 minutes with a 2-1 lead. I wouldn’t have felt safe at all even with a 3-1 lead against this team.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Pirri needed to score in this game. This is one time when I wish he was in Chicago.

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
You guys are the kings of overreaction. A must win game in January? A team that gets worse on the power play? A team full of veterans has to "learn" how to get shots on goal, what is this junior hockey? Please. A good opponent got two favorable bounces in the third and had a goalie that played a solid game. Nothing more to say about this one.

Reactions: GKG18

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You guys are the kings of overreaction. A must win game in January? A team that gets worse on the power play? A team full of veterans has to "learn" how to get shots on goal, what is this junior hockey? Please. A good opponent got two favorable bounces in the third and had a goalie that played a solid game. Nothing more to say about this one.
So other than all that the Knights have zero room for improvement?

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

San Jose had more good scoring opportunities than you suggest. I disagree with your suggestion that they got a lucky win.

The Knights fans here are actually more positive than the fans on other forums that I’ve looked at. We just lost 1 game after winning 7 in a row and now we’re in 3rd behind a couple of teams that are going to be difficult to catch. And the next few games are against tougher opponents. Of course we’re going to think this sucks.

And our horrendous power play was a huge reason we couldn’t even get a single point out of this.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
So other than all that the Knights have zero room for improvement?

No one plays a perfect game, there is always room for improvement. The legends of the game still showed up and practiced more than just about anyone else right? There is a reason why teams don't win 10 games in a row too often in the NHL, why do so many posters get bent out of shape over a loss to a good opponent? These games are nice measuring sticks to see if you measure up to a team you might play in the playoffs but ultimately they have little bearing on what happens in the postseason. If these teams meet in April, I think its another long series but it feels like the Knights are so deep that they will be hard to beat 4 times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad