Pre-Game Talk: Game 47 Edmonton (-17) in Florida (+20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I just hope Hendricks doesn't get injured in some staged fight. He has been injured in fights before. I almost want him to sit this one out.

He probably has just as much chance getting hurt in a fight tomorrow or thursday. You can't control Hendricks. He fights at any even given time for a variety of reasons.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Drai with a point tonight.

That's about all I hope for.

I'm sensing another low scoring game with plenty of shots from the outside, where the oilers look like they'll never be able to score again.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He probably has just as much chance getting hurt in a fight tomorrow or thursday. You can't control Hendricks. He fights at any even given time for a variety of reasons.

He doesn't fight that much though. The odds of a fight are obviously much higher against Florida. They will be looking for retribution. I just don't want Hendricks injured long term again. He is a valuable player, and not for his fights.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Derek Van Diest ‏@SUNdvandiest
Shawn Thornton will be in the lineup tonight for #Panthers #Oilers

Does Gazdic get to play tonight?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I wonder who draws out tonight for Hendricks. Honestly, all 8 wingers deserve to keep playing.

Hall, Purcell, Pouliot, Eberle, Korpikoski, Pakarinen, Yakupov and Kassian.

I wonder if we'll see Hendricks at centre, subbing in for Lander.

This becomes even harder once McDavid's back. Not too say that's a bad thing. Yay, no more easy roster decisions!

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
I wonder who draws out tonight for Hendricks. Honestly, all 8 wingers deserve to keep playing.

Hall, Purcell, Pouliot, Eberle, Korpikoski, Pakarinen, Yakupov and Kassian.

I wonder if we'll see Hendricks at centre, subbing in for Lander.

This becomes even harder once McDavid's back. Not too say that's a bad thing. Yay, no more easy roster decisions!

I think Pak goes

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
insert hendricks gif

hendo-00.gif

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
This will be a good game for our PP to wake up for. I have a feeling the refs will clamp this one down.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Hall-Draisaitl-Purcell, Pouliot-RNH-Eberle, Kassian-Letestu-Yakupov, Gazdic-Hendricks-Pakarinen...Lander out. Korpikoski not on ice

Gazdic in Korpi injured?

Hendircks Centre Lander out

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Derek Van Diest ‏@SUNdvandiest
Shawn Thornton will be in the lineup tonight for #Panthers #Oilers

Does Gazdic get to play tonight?

Hmm... a "heavy" lineup could be... interesting

Hall-Draisaitl-Purcell
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Letestu-Kassian
Gazdic-Hendricks-Pakarinen

Nurse and Gyrba on the backend...

:hit: :fight:

:popcorn:

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Hmm... a "heavy" lineup could be... interesting

Hall-Draisaitl-Purcell
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Letestu-Kassian
Gazdic-Hendricks-Pakarinen

Nurse and Gazdic on the backend...

Gazdic isn't going to do anything, biggest staged fighter in the league. Kassian is enough

Hall-Draisaitl-Purcell
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Letestu-Kassian
Hendricks-Lander-Korpikoski

Last edited:

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Gazdic isn't going to do anything, biggest staged fighter in the league. Kassian is enough

Hall-Draisaitl-Purcell
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Letestu-Kassian

Even though Thornton is starting, hmm...

"Suppose they threw a war, and nobody came?"

I'd start Gazdic, if they start their obvious goon after that last game that cost them their last 3 games somebody is going to do something stupid.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Hall-Draisaitl-Purcell
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
Yakupov-Letestu-Kassian

Generally I do agree. But at the same time, I can see two reasons for Gazdic.

1) if you're suspecting it's going to be a chippy night, I'd rather have the biggest guy
2) having him there allows Hendricks, Kassian, and Gyrba to aviod the extracurriculars

Thornton for one of those guys is a loss for us; Gazdic for Thornton doesn't limit the team.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Close Enough ;)

hmm... A "heavy" lineup could be... Interesting

hall-draisaitl-purcell
pouliot-rnh-eberle
yakupov-letestu-kassian
gazdic-hendricks-pakarinen

nurse and gyrba on the backend...

bob stauffer ‏@bob_stauffer 23m23 minutes ago
hall-draisaitl-purcell, pouliot-rnh-eberle, kassian-letestu-yakupov, gazdic-hendricks-pakarinen...lander out. Korpikoski not on ice

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I like that they're using Kassian at LW.

Opens up options for when Mcdavid gets back, and gives a bit of depth on the left wing.

Hall Drai Purcell
Kassian Mcdavid Yak
Pouliot RNH Eberle
Hendricks Letestu Korps/Pakarinen

If Purcell is moved at the deadline we can put kassian back to his natural RW and throw Pak with RNH and Eberle and Pouliot with Mcdavid and Yak.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I'd be more worried about our star players than Hendricks. He can take care of himself.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
This is why you have a guy like Gazdic taking up a roster spot. If stuff goes down and he doesn't do anything you may as well waive him.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Ouch, Lander.

This must be the low point in his pro career to see that his team would rather put Gazdic and Pakarinen in the lineup instead of him.

In my mind he's the biggest disappointment of the year and it's not close. After his stellar play in the 2nd half last year and his great training camp this year he was earmarked to not only be this team's 3rd line center, but an above average to excellent one at that.

What in the hell happened to this guy? Is there something going on away from the ice that's got him completely unglued?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ouch, Lander.

This must be the low point in his pro career to see that his team would rather put Gazdic and Pakarinen in the lineup instead of him.

In my mind he's the biggest disappointment of the year and it's not close. After his stellar play in the 2nd half last year and his great training camp this year he was earmarked to not only be this team's 3rd line center, but an above average to excellent one at that.

What in the hell happened to this guy? Is there something going on away from the ice that's got him completely unglued?

In all honesty he's lucky he hasn't sat a lot more. He has been good on the draw so that has helped him as well as PK.

I guess this is what I get for finally coming around on the guy this training camp

I suggested it last week or the week before, but I'm trying him with some skilled players for a few games to see if there is anything he can offer. If he can't then I think we replace him and waive him.

Hoogaar23

Apr 13, 2011
Ouch, Lander.

I have to agree. I had written him off last year, and then he was like found money. Now he's JFJ. I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad