Pre-Game Talk: Game 47 Edmonton (-17) in Florida (+20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHilman

Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton
Good to see Lander out, he is beyond awful. Should be a hard hitting game tonight, hopefully we can score goals and hit the bodies.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Ouch, Lander.

This must be the low point in his pro career to see that his team would rather put Gazdic and Pakarinen in the lineup instead of him.

In my mind he's the biggest disappointment of the year and it's not close. After his stellar play in the 2nd half last year and his great training camp this year he was earmarked to not only be this team's 3rd line center, but an above average to excellent one at that.

What in the hell happened to this guy? Is there something going on away from the ice that's got him completely unglued?

For this game they want to go big up top especially if this game goes south after what happened with Hendricks. If the panthers go head hunting you will want a Gazdic in your line up

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Ouch, Lander.

This must be the low point in his pro career to see that his team would rather put Gazdic and Pakarinen in the lineup instead of him.

In my mind he's the biggest disappointment of the year and it's not close. After his stellar play in the 2nd half last year and his great training camp this year he was earmarked to not only be this team's 3rd line center, but an above average to excellent one at that.

What in the hell happened to this guy? Is there something going on away from the ice that's got him completely unglued?

U tell me? I took Lander and Schultz in my hockey pool. I guess that explains while I am last

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Our Power-Play is too predictable, everyone knows that the offence is coming from the forwards and the outside. we need both net front presence and a powerful point shot to be a effective power-play, most effective power-plays have this. SJ,WSH,Dal,etc

Could not agree more. The PP needs to threaten to some degree in all the basic ways for any of those ways to be particularly fruitful. The PKers of other teams are being told to focus on cutting off the cross ice passes, the puck going to the point is okay. Nothing starting off the half wall is amounting to anything.

The plugs being put on the PP for face-offs (Letestu, Lander, etc) need to be made to do a better job in front of the net to make themselves useful. If these guys don't start screening and tipping, swap them out for someone who will. I'd rather lose 20 seconds fetching the puck from the Oilers end if it gets you a guy in front doing a decent job of playing bad goalie... the PP will score more in the end.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Korpi and lander out could gut our pk...but probably not.

They've been good though.

They should just trade Lander to Detroit and reunite him with papa Nels.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Thought the game was 11:30 AM our people time.

Turns out it was 11:30 AM Eastern Australia Time.

Now I'm awake for no reason and just angry.

This is going to be more difficult than I previously thought.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
Could not agree more. The PP needs to threaten to some degree in all the basic ways for any of those ways to be particularly fruitful. The PKers of other teams are being told to focus on cutting off the cross ice passes, the puck going to the point is okay. Nothing starting off the half wall is amounting to anything.

The plugs being put on the PP for face-offs (Letestu, Lander, etc) need to be made to do a better job in front of the net to make themselves useful. If these guys don't start screening and tipping, swap them out for someone who will. I'd rather lose 20 seconds fetching the puck from the Oilers end if it gets you a guy in front doing a decent job of playing bad goalie... the PP will score more in the end.

I think/hope Kassian might help withthe net front presence.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Not to steal McPuritana's thunder, but with Thornton, Gazdic, Gudbranson and Kassian all playing tonight, I think this tune is fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad