GDT: Game 47: Columbus at Florida | 1/29 7:30PM EST

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
We didn't play a bad game at all, not even close to one. On one hand it's a shame to see the team play pretty well and not get a point or two out of it but hey, if we can play well but still improve our draft position for the rest of the season then I'm a happy camper.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Looks like you can stick a fork in us. We just don't "have it". Don't see how we're going to be consistent enough to get to 90 points or more.

90 doesn't do any good. I'm thinking 95 at a minimum and it could be 97. I agree that all 3 are out of the question.I'm rooting for the best draft pick and best chance to win the lottery so if we lose but play well,which I thought we did tonight, I can live with it.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
90 doesn't do any good. I'm thinking 95 at a minimum and it could be 97. I agree that all 3 are out of the question.I'm rooting for the best draft pick and best chance to win the lottery so if we lose but play well,which I thought we did tonight, I can live with it.

Wouldn't you be a little concerned if we played well the rest of the season but kept losing?

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Congratulations to Gerard Gallant.... the dude has a great CBJ history and his players know it.... Florida won this game for Gallant..

That said, the Jackets played well but not good enough, it is what it is.

I'd be shocked if the Florida guys even knew GG has a CBJ connection. They were the better team tonight. End of story.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Wouldn't you be a little concerned if we played well the rest of the season but kept losing?

Nope.

As long as we are playing well I'm okay with losing. The playoffs are not going to happen for the Jackets this year so I don't care if we lose. I want the best draft pick possible. I think this team will bounce back nicely next year and the culture of losing will not return. A guy like McDavid (if we should get dumbass lucky), Hanifin, etc could really help the team down the road.

Last edited:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
We didn't play a bad game at all, not even close to one. On one hand it's a shame to see the team play pretty well and not get a point or two out of it but hey, if we can play well but still improve our draft position for the rest of the season then I'm a happy camper.

Agree, but losing now for a McDavid is not a bad thing, at least the CBJ tired this season, injuries is real this year... The Sabres wanted to tank in September, that is what pisses me off about them...

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I just get the feeling when this team will get most of the injured back in March.

They are a good team, they are going to win some games. Not enough to get to the playoffs of course.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'd be shocked if the Florida guys (players) even knew GG has a CBJ connection. They were the better team tonight. End of story.

Fixed..

They (Florida players) know Socks..... just because you and others want to forget the first 8 years of CBJ history others don't....

It's easy to say 2000-2008 never happened for the NEW fans but some of us paid the price so you have a team today....

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I just get the feeling when this team will get most of the injured back in March.

They are a good team, they are going to win some games. Not enough to get to the playoffs of course...

...just enough to screw up a better draft position. :laugh:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
That's a hard one to take...the first period looked so promising, they played with snarl and controlled the play and all 4 lines were working well. then the second period came and we did our normal float around...and pushed at the end. Very frustrating and angering. What stinks is I really liked the new 4th line, I thought they were very good tonight. The problem with this team is other than Joey, we have no real finishers. Not going to beat anyone only scoring 2 goals a game. Boston and Philly both won. Farther down the hole...

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
So the good, bad, and ugly for this game

Good: DMac didn't score the game-winner
Bad: High stick on the game winning goal
Ugly: Attendance numbers

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I get most NHL stations.... I get the Florida DTV feed, Gallant was very reserved when Miami reporters drilled him tonight.... one of his answers was, "this is my first season here, I don't know???"

My bad, but I do like Gallant...

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I get most NHL stations.... I get the Florida DTV feed, Gallant was very reserved when Miami reporters drilled him tonight.... one of his answers was, "this is my first season here, I don't know???"

My bad, but I do like Gallant...

He needs to seek out the tutelage of Marshawn Lynch for the appropriate way to deal with the media

:laugh:

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
That stick was at shoulder level for Bergenheim. I have no idea how that is ruled a goal in any realm of hockey ... Tough break from Toronto, as usual.

I thought the team played okay ... it's Florida and they are a young team, so I guess that's to be expected. A couple of bounces the other way and the game is a win - can't be mad at that on the road. I liked their compete.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So the good, bad, and ugly for this game

Good: DMac didn't score the game-winner
Bad: High stick on the game winning goal
Ugly: Attendance numbers

I just read your GDT and this is the 5th attendance comment you've made. Remember when the Jackets were the joke of the league and their attendance was worse than Florida? It was 3 years ago.

Sad.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I just read your GDT and this is the 5th attendance comment you've made. Remember when the Jackets were the joke of the league and their attendance was worse than Florida? It was 3 years ago.

Sad.

Yep.... the Panthers are hurting right now but South Florida needs more than the big wigs in Tampa....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad