GDT: Game 47: Columbus at Florida | 1/29 7:30PM EST

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
One of Cleveland's TV stations titled their coverage of the 2002-2003 Cavaliers season "Losing for LeBron." Maybe one of the Columbus stations can call their Blue Jackets coverage "Mailing it in for McDavid." :D

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I just read your GDT and this is the 5th attendance comment you've made. Remember when the Jackets were the joke of the league and their attendance was worse than Florida? It was 3 years ago.

Sad.

I think you are reading into my comments too much. The comments, in regards to attendance, were made in jest.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
They know Socks..... just because you and others want to forget the first 8 years of CBJ history others don't....

It's easy to say 2000-2008 never happened for the NEW fans but some of us paid the price so you have a team today....

The current day Florida Panthers are not ex-CBJ fans. GG was our coach half a decade+ ago. I can about guarantee you they don't freaking care. They cared about winning the game for the 2 points.

And by the way please don't question my commitment to this team and it's history again. You act so superior but there are others that care as well.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The current day Florida Panthers are not ex-CBJ fans. GG was our coach half a decade+ ago. I can about guarantee you they don't freaking care. They cared about winning the game for the 2 points.

And by the way please don't question my commitment to this team and it's history again. You act so superior but there are others that care as well.

"They" in my post pointed to players..... the players know...

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
"They" in my post pointed to players..... the players know...

The same in my post. And my contention is that the players likely don't realize that in the mid 2000s GG coached the Blue Jackets for a few years. And if they do I doubt they care. Perhaps if it were Hitch. Or Ruff versus the Sabres. Or Trotz versus Nashville. But Gallant's 3 years (not including the lockout year) is just not important enough to be a rallying point.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The same in my post. And my contention is that the players likely don't realize that in the mid 2000s GG coached the Blue Jackets for a few years. And if they do I doubt they care. Perhaps if it were Hitch. Or Ruff versus the Sabres. Or Trotz versus Nashville. But Gallant's 3 years (not including the lockout year) is just not important enough to be a rallying point.

Let me end by saying Gallants players do know of his CBJ past.... This I can say, Gallant mixes with his players.... even a beer now and then, he even likes to play pool (8 ball) at times.... His guys know his past, they are playing for him not the crowd... just sayin....

Last edited:

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Let me end by saying Gallants players do know of his CBJ past.... This I can say, Gallant mixes with his players.... even a beer now and then, he even likes to play pool (8 ball) at times.... His guys know his past, they are playing for him not the crowd... just sayin....

Ok. Say they know. It's been 7 years. Gallant's done other stuff. We've had two GM'S since then. The team is completely different. Why would he care so much about a win over us? That's like me caring deeply about my high school Alma Mater winning a random game over the team who was our rival at the time. That's ancient history. Who freaking cares?

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Ok. Say they know. It's been 7 years. Gallant's done other stuff. We've had two GM'S since then. The team is completely different. Why would he care so much about a win over us? That's like me caring deeply about my high school Alma Mater winning a random game over the team who was our rival at the time. That's ancient history. Who freaking cares?

You got me.... so, ancient history means nothing in Columbus these days.

Perhaps that's the problem Socks, no CBJ history, had the CBJ made the SCF in the first decade things might be different....

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
You got me.... so, ancient history means nothing in Columbus these days.

Perhaps that's the problem Socks, no CBJ history, had the CBJ made the SCF in the first decade things might be different....

You are just twisting my words and I'm not willing to play that game.

CBJ has history. It matters. I care about it. You care about. Gerard Gallant I'm sure cared about it while he was here but he has a new boss and has had at least one other boss in the interim. If he cares or cared about our history during the time after his CBJ days that's great but I doubt he gives it more than a passing thought, nor should he really as that part of the history wasn't the best.

And I'm sure you'll find a way to twist that but I'm done with the debate. Agree to disagree.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio

If they really cared why did it take 3 tries to get him a win verses his former team? After the first meeting who gives a crap?

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Robert, I'm sorry, but this is like saying Joel Quenneville uses the fact that he used to coach for the Blues 15 years ago as motivation when the Hawks play them now. I doubt that that gives them any extra motivation, same with Florida. Gallant has been with how many different organizations since the Jackets? A lot. He probably doesn't even know anybody in the organization anymore.

I don't think the players wanted to win this one for Gallant any more than they did the other times they played the Jackets this year. This is a stupid argument. If anything, they were motivated more by being in the playoff race than some silly thing like you're suggesting.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
The GWG sure looked to me to be one that should have been overturned, but oh well.

I think at this point the best we can hope for is a .500 season. I know we had that great month of December and that anything is possible, but I think we all know that December's results were due in large part to Bob playing out of his mind more than anything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad