GDT: Game #47 - CBJ vs BOS - 14 Jan, 7pm, @Nat

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm sure it will be hell of a 4 game run.
C3B5387A-CAC9-4F0C-9647-F1EEDBE9246B.gif

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Ouch.

Frankly, as much as I love Murray, I think Gavrikov's basically taken that spot and run with it.

Yeah, it took those 3 crazy shot blocks in a row in the game vs Florida for Vlad to become a Tortz' player, right after them Gavrikov's average TOI magically got over 20 min/game. Not that it damaged the team, of course.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
And Bob's playing "glory days, yeah they'll pass you by"

Im not looking to ad hominem you or anything, yet this opinion is still on a radical, black and white side.

Also: I havent seen anyone here say that Elvis is the man or the big future of this franchise.

Cautious optimism has been expressed by several here, thats all.

A great blue line makes for great goal tending. Marty Brodeur, Patrick Roy, Dominik Hasek all had great blue lines.. Hall of famers Stevens, Foote etc..

Who's to say Korpi gets back to pre-injury form? I'm hoping that he does and that they fight it out for #1 - what I do not want to see is a rush to promote one and trade the other, Play these guys a few games at a time, ride a hot hand and keep them both fresh. Some great teams make it all the way to the playoffs only to end up riding goaltender 1A who gives the team psyche a boost.

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
Just saw the game vs Bruins, how exciting! One of the best games CBJ played this season. I just start to wonder if Texier will find a spot in this team once he's back from injury? And Atkinson REALLY needs to raise his game if he wants to join the team again.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Just saw the game vs Bruins, how exciting! One of the best games CBJ played this season. I just start to wonder if Texier will find a spot in this team once he's back from injury? And Atkinson REALLY needs to raise his game if he wants to join the team again.
Maybe take about 20% off there Squirrelly Dan.

I still think Texier is gone for the season and there is no way Atkinson needs to earn his ice time back. He was just starting to play well when he got hurt. The time away probably help clear his head too. There are some players who may need to earn their ice time. He is not one of them.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Maybe take about 20% off there Squirrelly Dan.

I still think Texier is gone for the season and there is no way Atkinson needs to earn his ice time back. He was just starting to play well when he got hurt. The time away probably help clear his head too. There are some players who may need to earn their ice time. He is not one of them.
The thing with Texier is that its his back. Back injuries are bad, and some guys don't recover fully. If I were Columbus, I would just shut him down this year and see where he is at training camp. There is absoloutly no reason to get him back this season. Whenever I hear about back injuries I think of Brad Daugherty from the Cavs. He had to retire at 29 or 30 because his back would never get healthy enough for him to play at his normal level. I would hate to see Texier constantly battle his back, but even if he gives it ample time, it could still be a constant issue.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I've always loved this "alternate" logo more than every other CBJ logos, they're pretty trash.

I'd love to get a peace of that cannon.

I like it as alternate. I wouldn’t want it to be our primary. I think the current main logo is pretty sharp. I agree the original logo (particularly the neon, but really all of it) was hideous.

Reactions: pete goegan

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Wonder what it's going to take for the refs to call a penalty this period? That goal never happens if they call that blatant hold against PLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad