GDT: Game #47 - BRING ON BOSTON WE GETTIN DRUNK

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Chiasson was on ice for 3 of them... Think it's time to send him to the AHL for a while... This team's minus leader ladies and gentlemen.

Echoing this sentiment.

Chiasson needs to go down to find his game again. Do it while we can and just suffer the horror of giving Sceviour or Jeffrey ice time. Let's not give up on him just yet.

Goligoski needs to go, period. If he were 23 and cutting his teeth, it would be acceptable but we know this his level and he can't hack it beyond a sheltered 18 minutes a night.

This team needs some bigger (meatier) guys who play big (intimidating/physical in the right manner). Whoever turned Jamie Benn into a meat hulk should be commended but Jamie still plays like he's sissy pants Modano. We all knew that the lineup was sorely lacking in size and well, machismo, but now we really need it. We have three (Benn, Cole, Dillon) guys who can play big and have big bodies. We have a couple other dwarves (Roussel, lookin' at you) who can play big but aren't effective enough.

We can still play the speed game if we've got big physical guys who can power through other players. We must remember that Pavel Bure was an absolute hoss. More ripped than Tat Master Tyler.

In short, Nill, fix this ****, the fans are going to be bailing out on you and your marketing will not save you. We know progress takes time. There is no progress in being middling. Either win or lose. There is no tie.

starsfan4ever

May 21, 2008
The book is out on how to beat this team. Pressure the d-men on the breakout, which forces turnovers and prevents the playmakers from gaining speed into the zone. Until we find some D that are worth a damn, teams will continue playing us this way.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Remember when Morrow went that year he played like **** for us, then he went to the Olympics and played great then came back to Dallas and went back to playing like crap? Yeah i hope that isn't Benn.

:laugh:

The drama in GDT's is hilarious. Morrow had 46 points that year in 76 games. Benn has almost that much in half a season.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
It's disturbing how completely Benn and Seguin have been shut down lately. I have to say If I were Steve Yzerman Jamie Benn would have lost his Olympic team spot over the last couple weeks. He is getting flat out beat most every shift.

I liked Benn's game on the big ice in the DEL last season. The barbarian can wind it up and cover some ice out there, take it wide and not get pinched off at the opposing teams blueline so GD often. I'd imagine he'll be able to play within the structure Babcock and co. will ask him to.

I see where your coming from though... he's been frustrating to watch at times, a turnover machine at both bluelines and particularly tonight in the first especially, he was failing to get it out in the stars end and not getting pucks deep.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I know there's a long way to go, but we're really not that far away from the 5th overall pick. Some silver lining, I think.

Welcome to the dark side. Everyone else going to OT is a win for us. Seriously DalColle, Bennett, Ritchie, or Nylander would all be great picks and extra picks from selling our crap can only help for the future.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Welcome to the dark side. Everyone else going to OT is a win for us. Seriously DalColle, Bennett, Ritchie, or Nylander would all be great picks and extra picks from selling our crap can only help for the future.

Yeah, let's just trade all the vets for picks and then those picks into 1st round picks and with those 1st round picks acquire 1st/2nd overall pick! Snatch Eklund with that and N. Ritchie with our 1st

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
If do end up middling around in the 1st round, Roland McKeown would be my top choice there barring someone falling catastrophically.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
He does seem like a good middle of the first option. I think he is probalby the third dman selected.

He's sliding on a lot of boards and Dallas is closer to top five than 15th right now. At least with the way they're playing. This isn't a good year for defenders high in the draft outside of Ekblad. I still think a legit 2nd line center coming out behind Seguin would do this franchise a world of good. Well that and a new defense.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
He's sliding on a lot of boards and Dallas is closer to top five than 15th right now. At least with the way they're playing. This isn't a good year for defenders high in the draft outside of Ekblad. I still think a legit 2nd line center coming out behind Seguin would do this franchise a world of good. Well that and a new defense.

They may look closer to 5th now but to me 5th is a complete pipe dream. I also think McKeowns falls has stopped and he might actually be on the way back up. I do agree, Id love a center, but I'm not going to be upset if we nab a good defenseman.

MetalGodAOD*

Ruff went full Pejorative Slur with his TOI tonight. Goligoski 25 minutes. Gonchar 20. Daley 22. Dillon 16.

WTF? Gonna hope that's just because Patrick wasn't behind the bench tonight...

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Ruff went full Pejorative Slur with his TOI tonight. Goligoski 25 minutes. Gonchar 20. Daley 22. Dillon 16.

WTF? Gonna hope that's just because Patrick wasn't behind the bench tonight...

Jeez i think the world is coming to a end. There should be no reason at all to give him those minutes. :shakehead:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad