Post-Game Talk: GAME 47 - 38-5-4 = Quatre-vingts points OLE!!!!! OLE!!!!! OLE!!!!!!!! BRUINS 4 Poutineville 2

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Honestly I don't know. But there's no way I give up Carlo, who's recovered from multiple concussions to have a great season so far or the Bruins top prospect(s) (we don't have many to begin with). If Horvat is UFA and Bergy & Krejci do retire I go hard after him then. Also not a fan of disrupting the awesome chemistry this team has right now by trading a key defenseman.
I’m not a fan of disrupting the chemistry as presently constituted.

Just win the f*cking Cup.

If the Bruins can win the Stanley Cup this year, I’m more than willing to kick the center issue down the road and deal with it later.

Bs1011

May 27, 2019
It's crazy, this season is such a fun ride. It doesn't make any sense but I'm enjoying the hell out of itI keep waiting for the shoe to drop, and it doesn't. Like, oh the hot start will slow down when they get to that stretch where they're playing Colorado, Vegas, and Tampa multiple times within two weeks - and they went like 5-0-1 against them. Okay, they'll slow down once the schedule gets compacted and they have all these back-to-backs and a California trip - they just sweep the California teams anyway. Now with Debrusk out they'll probably drop a few - nope.
I keep waiting for the shoe to drop, and it doesn't. Like, oh the hot start will slow down when they get to that stretch where they're playing Colorado, Vegas, and Tampa multiple times within two weeks - and they went like 5-0-1 against them. Okay, they'll slow down once the schedule gets compacted and they have all these back-to-backs and a California trip - they just sweep the California teams anyway. Now with Debrusk out they'll probably drop a few - nope.

It's like they're a machine. No guarantees for the playoffs, but I'm just trying to appreciate being in the moment and enjoying this season. I sure hope they cap it off with a cup, but just trying to take it day by day.
Exactly hope they can do it. It would be unbelievable and enjoyable to have them be the buzzsaw they are now throughout the playoffs and win the cup. No seven game series a couple of sweeps that would be something else

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm pretty sure Clifton said Marchand grabbed some nasty old can of spray paint that was laying around and painted a pair of his regular gloves lol

The smell must be nauseating

Could of been that too. They were much more "gold" than "brown" and I would of said everyone else's gloves were brown.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
The National Hockey League today announced the following updates to the 2022-23 regular-season schedule:

• Game No. 974, Buffalo at Boston, scheduled for March 2, will now begin at 7 p.m. ET
  • Game No. 1265, New Jersey at Boston, scheduled for April 8, will now begin at 8 p.m. ET and will be broadcast exclusively on ABC and ESPN+ in the U.S.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It might sound sad, but the Bruins are a big part of my life and always have been.

I wait for the new schedule to come out in July and then plan my life.
I understand this completely, I take great lengths to watch all games. The only ones I can't watch are when we play the Leafs because we live in the Toronto black out area. If the game is on CBC we get it for free everywhere but if one of the other networks have it, we can't see it. I pay for my subscription and still don't get to watch. It drives me crazy.

The TSN broadcast was only available to viewers in the Montreal region.
TSN was the national broadcast, that is what I had in Ontario. Even though I don't speak much French, I switched to RDS at one point....lol

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
zbb.jpg

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
So he should ask for more than McDavid makes?
With current inflation I don't think that's unreasonable. Pat Kane signed for more than Crosby when his monster extension was done, so it's not uncommon of a move. Plus McDavid only makes 1.5 mil more than Mitch Marner, so he's likely on a discounted contract for who he is. When McDavid's deal is up in a few years, he'll sign an extension that blows Pasta's out of the water.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was guest speaker at a Life Coach meeting so missed the game last night but taped and know they won.

Going to watch now - I know Bergeron won it and pasta got 4 points.

I know little else but am curious who that mean guy Xhekaj beat up. Hopefully wasn’t bad and he didn’t run krejci or Bergy

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
If I said I've missed 15 games since 1985, I think I'd be exaggerating.
I missed the second half of DL-led season. Just couldn't bring myself to watch. Otherwise watched most of the games since '98. When I say most - by my estimate I miss a couple of games a season.

Reactions: sarge88

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The Bruins have been without one of their top-line wingers (who plays in all situations) for 10 games now. The team is an incredible 9-1-0 without Jake DeBrusk.

Over that span, their league rankings:
  • 1st = Points Percentage
  • 1st = Regulation Wins
  • 1st = Penalty Kill Percentage
  • 1st = Goals Allowed per Game
  • 2nd = Goals For per Game
  • 4th = Powerplay Percentage
man, that JDB...what an anchor he is, obviously!

• Haha
Reactions: BMC, DKH and hrdpuk

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I've mellowed and put past "hates" like how I felt about the Habs out of my memory BUT when their fans booed Marchand last night ...... IT ALL CAME RUSHING BACK!:madfire::nono:
I don’t hate the Canadiens until they are very good - right now my sports hockey hate is Toronto

Reactions: hrdpuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad