Post-Game Talk: GAME 47 - 38-5-4 = Quatre-vingts points OLE!!!!! OLE!!!!! OLE!!!!!!!! BRUINS 4 Poutineville 2

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Pasta is some kind of player guys, just curious if he signs a deal before too long to stay in Boston, and for how much? Will he get 10M per season?
If Don Sweeney can get Pasta for as cheap as 10M per then an investigation needs to happen to see what DS is slipping in peoples' drinks at the negotiating table. 11M would be a bargain. 12M would be very fair. 13M would the starting point if he becomes a free agent.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If Don Sweeney can get Pasta for as cheap as 10M per then an investigation needs to happen to see what DS is slipping in peoples' drinks at the negotiating table. 11M would be a bargain. 12M would be very fair. 13M would the starting point if he becomes a free agent.

So he should ask for more than McDavid makes?

Reactions: NeelyOrr

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Pasta is some kind of player guys, just curious if he signs a deal before too long to stay in Boston, and for how much? Will he get 10M per season?
I'm still guessing it will be 88 mil for 8 years. Those numbers just look right. Btw, Seguin of Dallas is the highest paid player at 13mil/yr.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I've been enjoying every minute of the wild ride. Although, I'd like to see them get punched in a face a couple times before playoffs. Can't go into the playoffs without seeing any adversity all year. But if it doesn't happen, power to em. I just hope they don't get shocked if a team brings it too em in the playoffs. All signs point to them withstanding that, but you never know, playoffs are a diff beast.
Knowing that this could be Bergy's last season I am savoring every minute as well. This team's record and dominance speak for themselves, but the collection of personalities, the coach, and the artistry on the ice are combining to make for pure gold for Bs fans.

2019 still stings mainly because I wanted badly for that core to get another Cup. This year they have another legit shot. This team, coach included, is better than the one in 2019. Like you say, the playoffs are a different beast. You want to see how the team responds to adversity. Maybe the start of the season with all the injuries was the main adversity, in which it didn't keep these guys from winning. More adversity with Jake out -- team keeps winning. We are in uncharted waters when it comes to this level of dominance over the rest of the league in the regular season. My thinking is that this team will rise to an even better level once the playoffs start. They are so dialed in and on a mission. The band is back together for one last push, and the rest of the team knows that so they are giving it everything they have.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
So he should ask for more than McDavid makes?
McDavid's current contract started in 2018. McDavid isn't even the highest paid player in the NHL currently. His next contract will easily be north of 15M. Also, have to consider the rise in the cap that will take place. Pasta is putting up insane numbers in a contract year. Yes, he would easily make more as a free agent than the $12.5 McDavid signed for many moons ago.

Reactions: jahbrations

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
McDavid's current contract started in 2018. McDavid isn't even the highest paid player in the NHL currently. His next contract will easily be north of 15M. Also, have to consider the rise in the cap that will take place. Pasta is putting up insane numbers in a contract year. Yes, he would easily make more as a free agent than the $12.5 McDavid signed for many moons ago.

OK.

But I still don't think Pasta will get that much.

Reactions: Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
OK.

But I still don't think Pasta will get that much.
For sure he won't get that much from the Bs. Matter of fact, I don't think he would get that much from any of the upper-tier teams. Just saying that if he became a free agent and chased the money there would be some team that would open the check book for an ultra-elite scorer like Pasta.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
From what I've gathered the salary cap for next season will only increase by 1 million.

Reactions: Gordoff

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
From what I've gathered the salary cap for next season will only increase by 1 million.
But it is supposed to jump much more than that a season or two after next season from what I've read. $4 or so million. I guess it all depends on whether or not projections are met.

Reactions: NeelyOrr

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Based on Pasta's all-around game, or lack of, I believe 11mil/yr is fair.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Not trying to stir the pot, but if you were Sweeney, and both Bergy and Krejci retire after this season, who would you replace them with? We are going to need centres soon.

Honestly I don't know. But there's no way I give up Carlo, who's recovered from multiple concussions to have a great season so far or the Bruins top prospect(s) (we don't have many to begin with). If Horvat is UFA and Bergy & Krejci do retire I go hard after him then. Also not a fan of disrupting the awesome chemistry this team has right now by trading a key defenseman.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
The Bruins have been without one of their top-line wingers (who plays in all situations) for 10 games now. The team is an incredible 9-1-0 without Jake DeBrusk.

Over that span, their league rankings:
  • 1st = Points Percentage
  • 1st = Regulation Wins
  • 1st = Penalty Kill Percentage
  • 1st = Goals Allowed per Game
  • 2nd = Goals For per Game
  • 4th = Powerplay Percentage

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Turned 54 today so this is a good way to celebrate!!!!
The Bruins have been without one of their top-line wingers (who plays in all situations) for 10 games now. The team is an incredible 9-1-0 without Jake DeBrusk.

• 1st = Regulation Wins
Terrible!

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

• 1st = Regulation Wins
It's crazy, this season is such a fun ride. It doesn't make any sense but I'm enjoying the hell out of itI keep waiting for the shoe to drop, and it doesn't. Like, oh the hot start will slow down when they get to that stretch where they're playing Colorado, Vegas, and Tampa multiple times within two weeks - and they went like 5-0-1 against them. Okay, they'll slow down once the schedule gets compacted and they have all these back-to-backs and a California trip - they just sweep the California teams anyway. Now with Debrusk out they'll probably drop a few - nope.
I keep waiting for the shoe to drop, and it doesn't. Like, oh the hot start will slow down when they get to that stretch where they're playing Colorado, Vegas, and Tampa multiple times within two weeks - and they went like 5-0-1 against them. Okay, they'll slow down once the schedule gets compacted and they have all these back-to-backs and a California trip - they just sweep the California teams anyway. Now with Debrusk out they'll probably drop a few - nope.

It's like they're a machine. No guarantees for the playoffs, but I'm just trying to appreciate being in the moment and enjoying this season. I sure hope they cap it off with a cup, but just trying to take it day by day.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I've never worn socks under my skates, not even once. I saw a picture of Bobby Orr lacing them up barefoot in the book Orr on Ice and if it was good enough for him, it was good enough for me.

I tried it a few times but bisters. Also outdoor rinks at -20.
Because of Orr
I skated without laces a lot growing up. Just when I was kicking around on my own at the rink or on the lake.
Recently when skating with my daughter I undid my skates a couple times. I didn't trust cutting too hard or hockey stops as I'm in my 50s and was a wee bit worried about breaking an ankle ... but was still comfortable to race around the rink. Kinda funny with the couple people who noticed.

And I always prefer barely any palm on my gloves and grew up playing wih them ripped. Probably started because my folks were poor and I hated bugging them about hockey gear.

I always wore socks. Had to to keep my toes from freezing.

Grew up by playing pond hockey.
Then as a peewee I played at an outdoor rink by Rt 2 where Arlington, Belmont & Cambridge meet. Got damn cold at night under the lights.

@Fenway knows the now gone rink I’m talking about.

Wasnt until later that I played at Hockey Town on Rt1 or the newly built (at the time) MDC indoor rink in Arlington. Now the Ed Burns rink.
By then it was just my norm.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It might sound sad, but the Bruins are a big part of my life and always have been.

I wait for the new schedule to come out in July and then plan my life.

I don't know what I'd have done without VCR/DVR, especially in my 20's and 30's --- when I was playing and/or coaching 2-3 nights a week. I always looked forward to watching when I got home.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
@Ivo

Nobody can really process these numbers.

The 1971-72 Bruins team is the best of my lifetime as they were on a mission after losing the Cup the year before.

GPWLTGFGADIFFPts
1Boston Bruins78541311330204+126119
2New York Rangers78481713317192+125109
3Montreal Canadiens78461616307205+102108
4Toronto Maple Leafs78333114209208+180
5Detroit Red Wings78333510261262−176
6Buffalo Sabres78164319203289−8651
7Vancouver Canucks7820508203297−9448
West Division

GPWLTGFGADIFFPts
1Chicago Black Hawks78461715256166+90107
2Minnesota North Stars78372912212191+2186
3St. Louis Blues78283911208247−3967
4Pittsburgh Penguins78263814220258−3866
5Philadelphia Flyers78263814200236−3666
6California Golden Seals78213918216288−7260
7Los Angeles Kings7820499206305−9949
We have had other teams that were great but all had to look in the rear view mirror.

The next 4 games are tough matchups and a year ago we would be happy with 5 points - with this group they want all 8 and I would not bet against them.
I was telling my wife last night that I don't remember a more talented skilled Bruins team in my lifetime. That's a long time. I don't know how they compare to the '70s, Habs, the '80s Oilers and Islanders and the Red Wings modern winning record but this team is clutch and determined. My only worries are them running out of gas and/or injuries. Juggernaut!

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad