1674477088634.png

1674477439765.png

1674477138858.png

1674477182539.png

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
It’s absolutely absurd that we’re more than half way through the season and only now playing Montreal for the first time.

There are too many teams and with the balancing of the schedule, the rivalries have really suffered.

It’s too bad, but it feels like part of the overall sterilization of the league.

And for what it’s worth, the league is more enjoyable when Montreal is good.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
It’s absolutely absurd that we’re more than half way through the season and only now playing Montreal for the first time.

There are too many teams and with the balancing of the schedule, the rivalries have really suffered.

It’s too bad, but it feels like part of the overall sterilization of the league.

It is IMO dumb! Probably one of the most natural NHL rivalry...

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
It's weird, your typical teenager doesn't know this rivalry. Montreal has been too bad for too long. I think in your 20's+ you know it.

For me now the order for who gets my goat up and I'm excited for the drama:

1) Toronto
2) Tampa
3) Washington
4) Montreal is somewhere down here, for now, with a few other teams (Carolina quickly making a case for the list)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So Monty knows if you have a save % of 92.0 for a career you are likely going to HOF

And if you have control of puck in O zone and take a shot from an angle that has a 92.0- 99.9 % you are pretty much handing over puck to opponent

So try and hold an extra second and make a play

That second period shift by the Coyle line after Megna bonehead icing was 1 minute of dominating Harlem Globetrotting by the third line with a handful of looks that ended with a BS hand pass on Clifton

Gotta have the players who are either skilled or puck possession and they do

THIS will be the new rage / puck dump and chase is dying

Teams are realizing the Bruins don’t care about shot quantity but quality

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Even though some feel this is no longer a rivalry, it is to me. As long as I’m on this earth. It’s personal.

f*** the Habs!

This hurts and f*** the Habs!

For me there's a respect thing that comes with the Habitants versus say a team like the Maple Leafs. Hoping to see another Habitants/Bruin rivalry in the coming years.

Last edited:

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
So Monty knows if you have a save % of 92.0 for a career you are likely going to HOF

And if you have control of puck in O zone and take a shot from an angle that has a 92.0- 99.9 % you are pretty much handing over puck to opponent

So try and hold an extra second and make a play

That second period shift by the Coyle line after Megna bonehead icing was 1 minute of dominating Harlem Globetrotting by the third line with a handful of looks that ended with a BS hand pass on Clifton

Gotta have the players who are either skilled or puck possession and they do

THIS will be the new rage / puck dump and chase is dying

Teams are realizing the Bruins don’t care about shot quantity but quality
I get your point but will wait until defense tightens up in the playoffs. Too many previous playoffs people complained they got too fancy and forced low percentage "extra" passes when a shot was there. Will be interesting to see if its different with this group.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I get your point but will wait until defense tightens up in the playoffs. Too many previous playoffs people complained they got too fancy and forced low percentage "extra" passes when a shot was there. Will be interesting to see if its different with this group.

IMO this has been a major issue on the PP all season long- too much passing and not enough shooting. The absolutely perfect shot opportunity does not exist yet they keep wasting time looking for it.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Even though some feel this is no longer a rivalry, it is to me. As long as I’m on this earth. It’s personal.

f*** the Habs!
Yep. Although I will say I actually like a few of their posters.

I

I totally agree...as long as they are NOT quite as good as the Bs:D

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC

Definitely. It’s the best rivalry to me. I hope Bedard ends up there and not Arizona or Anaheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad