GDT: Game 46 - Sharks vs Coyotes 1/21/16 7PM Shane Doan 380 Night

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Well, they only have themselves to blame. Showed up after 50 minutes, too little too late.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well, they only have themselves to blame. Showed up after 50 minutes, too little too late.

Asleep for two periods, get a meaningless goal, lose. Kind of appropriate for a Shane Doan tribute game.

Boedker and Dahlbeck were absolutely horrible. The sooner both aren't regulars, the better, however that happens.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Boedker and Dahlbeck were absolutely horrible. The sooner both aren't regulars, the better, however that happens.

Agreed, both had ****ing terrible games. Turnover machines all night long. Boedker's no look passing is ascending to Getzlaf levels.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I might even take a chance on Drouin just to get a semi-offensive player on the ice.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
The only problem I have with that painting is that there's no "C" on the white jersey.

I got the poster of the painting they gave to Doan. On the White jersey, it appears that since his arms are raised, the Coyote logo has come up and is obscuring most of the C. You can see a the top curve of the C in the poster.

I took my giant Doanface to the game. Before the start of the second period when they show the 1st period highlights, I said to my friend "What were the highlights?" Next thing you know we're on the screen. But it was actually from the pregame warmup, not the 1st period.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
quite frankly, it's the curse of John Scott.

or we're coming back to the mean as our shooting stats were off the charts. We were bound to hit a skid.

I don't know about anyone else, but our team plays better I think when we're playing a little looser. When the games are tight like they've been the last 3 or 4, we just can't score it seems. I'm up for opening it up and let the kids thrive. C'mon Tipp let them fly

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The good news is, we held them to 2 goals. If we keep scoring down at 2 GA, like we have lately, we will get points in most games. I thought it was a pretty even game but they got a few bounces, and maybe slightly better goal tending, but we were in the game. At this time of year, systems are working and defenses tighten up, so scoring starts to drop. Our PP has deserted us, no goals in the last 10 or so attempts. We are moving the puck well enough, just not scoring. Our early in the year scoring by Domi/Duclair/Bods, all above what we expected, is slowing considerably.

Over all, our D and goal tending has been consistently pretty solid, that is a good sign and we are in most games. Goals/points are just tougher this time of year, the grind has started:)

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
This is just growing pains and anticipated. Things start to tighten up at this juncture and the boys have got to be able to play a tight game and still produce. If they can work their way through it, we'll be okay.

Wait until after the break, when it really starts get tough.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is just growing pains and anticipated. Things start to tighten up at this juncture and the boys have got to be able to play a tight game and still produce. If they can work their way through it, we'll be okay.

Wait until after the break, when it really starts get tough.

Yup, that's when the cream rises to the top. Love the way DT is handling the rookies, and they look and play like they understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad